Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
motdakasha

The Blood Garden

Blood accord, bitter clove, English ivy, Tempranillo grape, red currant, oak, leather, blackberry leaf, and ginger lily.

Spicy bloody to start! I do get the mature fruit, maybe a little rose — some kind of flower is there.

The Blood Garden is super grapey at first, drying down into a grapey spicy wine-incense.

In the bottle, I can smell grapes with something darker curled beneath. On me, the grape is significantly reduced, I get mostly a smoky floral. I have a very hard time picking out individual notes, this is so well-blended. Slightly fruity, smoky, incensey. Beautiful.

This is one of my favorite BPALs.

A real dialogue between me and the husband:

Me: "This perfume is called The Blood Garden."

Spouse: "Eeeeuuughghh. You smell like you murdered someone in a flower garden."

Me: "I love it."

Upon seeing the bright red colour in the vile something in me had to try this first of the batch I got.

My first impression is sweet, dark, lush. And ofcourse, blood; something similar to the metal note in the magician, but much subtler. Quite beautiful!

I can't really tell the plant notes apart, but it's definately green. I'm also getting something like... fig? Maybe it's the currant. A couple of minutes in this is almost candy-sweet on me.

In it's dry state it's become very dusty on me, and a lot of it has faded. Shame, cause I really enjoyed this! It's still nice, but it's become very 'warm' and too dusty for me to wear daily.

Like being deep in a magical herb garden. The ginger and clove are so sharp, I can feel them in the back of my throat. The dragon's blood is heavy, raspy, resinous. There's woodsiness from the oak, and the deep fruitiness of the grape and redcurrant. SO powerful, mysterious, and sexy!!

This started out as a very strong grape on me. As it dried, it became more generally dark fruity and metallic, which I wasn't sure I'd like, but something made me keep sniffing. The clove made its way in, and this became almost an incense-y wine scent. The leather (and maybe the oak) worked to ground the scent, and pushed this out of feminine and into a more gender-neutral scent for me. It's nice, but not something I'd wear.

Edited by bambi