Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LadyLuckless

Sweet, sweet florals

I did a search, but there didn't seem to be a topic for this, so I hope I'm not repeating anything. Please merge if I am! I'm a huge floral fan, and my favorites are floral blends that have a nice sweetness to them. The only floral BPAL I've tried so far is Snow White, and I fell utterly in love, if that helps. I also adore Lush's Flying Fox, Amandopondo, Lily Savon and Potion. I'd love lots of recs for sweet florals, any floral would likely be alright. If it's flowery and sugar/vanilla/honey/etc. drenched I'll probably love it! :P

You absolutely must try both Hope and Faith from the Carnival.

I also recommend Alice, Euphrosyne and though I've not tried it yet, I also have to toss in a vote for Lyonesse, which people have said have the same creaminess to it.

I find that Snow-Flakes is very similar to Snow White, but it's harder to come by.

ETA: Tiger Lily, Dragon's Milk, Eve, Sudha Segara, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Cockaigne, and Eden came to mind. Oh, and Pink Moon 2007!

Edited by cordia

Tiger Lily! It's lovely, heady, sweet honeyed lilies. For some reason, it only works on me once in a while, but when it does, it's fantastic. I second the Alice recommendation, too, that's a perfect sweet, feminine floral. Also, Chuparosa is a beautiful soft, sweet rose scent. If rose didn't usually turn to soap on my skin, I'd wear this one often, it's so gentle and pretty. And The Knave of Hearts is rose and black currant tarts, though I only get a little rose from it. On me, it's mostly foody deliciousness with a hint of rose, like a yummy tart garnished with dewy rose petals. :P

Kurukulla is my favourite sweet floral, even though I'm not usually big on rose: "The Tibetan goddess of love and wealth. Her scent is a harmonious, sweet, enchanting blend of three lotus blooms and three roses".

Right now there is Harikata. Osmanthus, honey, golden musk, vanilla flower, and ginger. While I got more osmanthus than anything else many reviews say that it is almost pure floral honey, so I guess it depends on chemistry.

Right now there is Harikata. Osmanthus, honey, golden musk, vanilla flower, and ginger. While I got more osmanthus than anything else many reviews say that it is almost pure floral honey, so I guess it depends on chemistry.

Seconding the Harikata rec! This one is limited edition and will not be available after March 23, so it's an act-fast kind of gamble....

As for General Catalogue scents, I'm also seconding Tiger Lily.

You may also like Queen Gertrude and Juliet.

Have fun sampling!!

I second Hope and Faith and Two, Five & Seven.

Antique Lace on me is sugared vanilla and violet, so it might work for you.

Try Love-In-Idleness. It's a light and pretty floral, though not as sweet.

Another rec for Tiger Lily here... it has lily and honey notes, and seems to get a lot of compliments when I wear it. :P

Also you may like Pink Moon 2007 and Poisson d'Avril - both LEs so you may have to do a bit of looking to find them.

The first thing I thought of was Tamora - very sweet, almost <i>too</i> sweet for me, but you may like it! La Belle Au Bois Dormant also fits the bill.

I am going to second Regan. It smells like baby powder on me but it's gorgeous and "sweetly floral" in the bottle. I wish it worked on me.

Also check out Melisande while the Carnaval Diabolique is still going. My skin tends to amp the vanilla, mimosa, and what I think is the violet water so it becomes a "sweet floral" with a sort of dark, sinister, complex side to it.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

Thank you SO much for the great recs, please keep them coming! A lot of them I already had on my ever-growing and changing list, so it's good to know I'm on the right track! Here's a list of the floral blends I have on my wishlist now. It's all for my anniversary present in late May, so there's plenty of time for fine-tuning. ;)

HOPE & FAITH - I've been reluctantly eyeing these two for a while! A great, sweet rose is what I want above all, but the violet made me nervous. But I'm takin' a chance, since violet seems to be growing on me and sugar makes everything better anyway!

FAIRY MARKET-This sounds like heaven to me! I like sweet green-ness too.

ANTIQUE LACE- LOVE vanilla, have to try it.

DELIRIUM- Looking for an Amandopondo-type of scent.

DESDEMONA-Carnation is a huge favorite of mine, I want to try it in a few different blends.

MORGAUSE-It just sounds so PURPLE! :)

THE LADY OF SHALOTT-I really want an aquatic floral too, and I've always adored the poem.

MAIDEN-Sounds a lot like Alice, I figure if one doesn't work on me for whatever reason, the other will.

SPELLBOUND-Supposed to be a really sexy rose. Yeah, baby! B)

AMSTERDAM-This seems like it would be Spring in a bottle.

REGAN- Anything floral/vanilla was on my list automatically :D

EOS-Mmmmmm jasmine! Mmmmm honeysuckle! I think I'll like this one!

EVE-Apple+Rose+Honey, three of my favorites!

PEITHO-I've heard this is similar to Lush's Flying Fox.

PERSEPHONE-Sounds like a yummy, juice rose.

QUEEN MAB-Just seems like an altogether lovely blend.

PARIS-Sweet lavender, yummy! I just hope the lotus doesn't go all bubblegum...

EUPHROSYNE-I have a newfound liking of gardenia, and this one is said to be heavy on it.

ALICE- My goodness I'm looking forward to trying this! It's like all my favorite things thrown together!

MOUSE'S LONG AND SAD TALE- Another vanilla I want to try, this sounds warmer than Antique Lace.

FAE- I'm not normally a huge fan of peach, but I can't resist the fairy-ness people keep saying it has!

TIGER LILY- Lots of recs for this one, I'm glad! It was one of the first things on my list, I luuurve lily and honey!

TWO, FIVE & SEVEN- Is this sweet? I'm surprised a few people mentioned it, I didn't think it would be! Yay!

KURUKULLA-Completely went under my radar! Thanks Azhriaz!!! Hoping again for non-bubblegum lotus, but it doesn't sound like it's an issue with this one.

JULIET-AEris's suggestion, it really sounds beautiful! Looking forward to this one!

THE KNAVE OF HEARTS-Never even looked at this one, but it sounds really sweet and different! Plus I really liked Eat Me, and it sounds like that, minus vanilla, plus roses! Thanks Dymphna!

LOVE-IN-IDLENESS-Thanks for the rec, whiterosepetals! It sounds heavenly for Spring!

HELL'S BELLE-Can't resist the name! :P

There are many other, less-or-non florals on my list, which is embarrassingly big. :D

EDEN is going on there, it sounds soooo good! Thanks cordia! A lot of the other scents you suggested were already there, I love me some sweet and creamy!

WOW, sorry for the novel! I take my research very seriously it seems! Thanks everyone, again, more recs please!

If you want sweet and purple, you're pretty much at the description of Hairy Toad Lily!

If you like ylang ylang you may like La petite Mort (ylang ylang and honey).

Since you seem to like lotus and lily, I'd give Ophelia a try.

If you can find it on the swaps board, try a decant of Perfumed Garden - it was an LE last year. BPAL jasmine is a bit temperamental on me but this is sweeter than most of the jasmine blends and reliably lovely.

HOPE & FAITH - I've been reluctantly eyeing these two for a while! A great, sweet rose is what I want above all, but the violet made me nervous. But I'm takin' a chance, since violet seems to be growing on me and sugar makes everything better anyway!

Hehe, if you dont like Faith I am pretty sure you will have no trouble at all selling or swapping it.

I also saw Paris on your list. Somehow it sounded great to me but when I tried it it was the single worst lotus experience ever. :P I hope you have more luck with it though!

I put it on today and am reminded of how much I love it: Baobhan Sith! On me it's a sweet apple blossom with hints of ginger and tea. It smells exactly like spring to me.

Hehe, if you dont like Faith I am pretty sure you will have no trouble at all selling or swapping it.

I also saw Paris on your list. Somehow it sounded great to me but when I tried it it was the single worst lotus experience ever. :P I hope you have more luck with it though!

Lol, I'm pretty sure I'll like Faith, I seem to be getting more and more into violet. I think I'll reconsider Paris though, I was a little afraid of the lotus in the first place... I've never actually tried lotus in a perfume, and the few times I've smelled it in a lotion or bubble bath it just smelled like fake bubble gum to me. :D I'll have to do some more looking around for my sweet lavender. I think TKO would be wonderful and I'll get a bottle sometime, but for now I'm looking for an imp-able GC scent.

La Petite Mort and Baobhan Sith sound interesting, I'll check those out! :D

I'm bumping this, if that's alright. I just got my first order, which included Hope, Faith and Fairy Market. Oh. My. Gods. They're completely mindblowingly delicious! As I hoped, sugar and flowers are indeed my friends! :D I only ordered some bottles, but I got Wings of Azrael and Regan as frimps and loved those too. More sweet floral recs please! Oh, and if you have any sugary recs in general, I'd love those too! :P

Prague is a really nice wet sweet floral. Crossroads and Peitho, too; the former is bubbly-sweet with moss behind it and very interesting, the latter is rich vanilla florals. And Black Lotus is good if lotus isn't bubblegum on you. (Sweet florals are some of Kalirren's favourites too.)

Sticking a word in for Lilium Inter Spinas.

Sweet florals (lily and apple blossom), honey and fig. Can't think why I didn't mention it earlier! :P

Eos and New Orleans are supersweet on me too, but in a good way =) Shadow Witch Orchid was almost candy sweet on me, but it was too much... but you might love it!

Wanton. On my skin, it's like someone's rubbed in a teeny, grounding bit of sandalwood and patchouli, and tons of sweet, sweet rose petals - then gone the extra mile by pouring glistening, sugary syrup on top. It's lickable, uber sweet, candied sex-in-a-bottle.

Xiuhtecuhtli. Oranges boiled into the sweetest of syrups, then drizzled over heady jungle blooms. Gorgeous and glowing and slinky-sweet.

Yemaya. More fruit than floral, but if you're looking for sugar, you might want to check this one out. Take the sweetest, juiciest melon you can find, hollow out its seed-speckled center, and replace with as much glittery white sugar as it'll hold - *that's* Yemaya. It was SO saccharine on me, it actually made my teeth ache every time I sniffed it! :P

Shango. Again with the fruit, but only because this was another sugar overdose on me - like Froot Loops on liquid sugar-crack.

Midnight on the Midway. A jumble of mysterious florals dusted with pink sugar and a shot of metal? Ozone? Something that makes the scent "hum" on your skin - an interesting blend!

If you're in the mood to track down a few LE decants, I'd also rec:

Budding Moon - candied plum blossoms

Hungry Ghost Moon - pink, gingery, effervescent candy!

Cheshire Moon - another "pink" candied blossom scent

Sugar Skull - dark florals (never got any fruit from this) and thick, caramelized sugar

Edited by furygrrl