Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Rozpustnica

Blue and white musks, moonflower, rose, magnolia, lemon verbena, and lychee.

I was all set to love this one on the strenght of one of my all time favorite notes: lychee. Unfortunatley it didn't turn out that way on me. At first I get a big blast of lemon verbena and lychee...so far so good, then the lychee quickly dissapears and the other notes are snuffed out completely. Then it's all sharp, astringent lemon verbena. It clashes on my skin. After a few hours the verbena calms down and it's a dusky rose. The musks must've smoothed out the lemon and brought out the rose, but I'm unimpressed. I have other scents for rose, so I'll have to let this one go. Thank goodness I got to sample this at Le Pink before I bought it. Edited by Shollin

In the imp: Very sharp. I can definitely smell the lemon verbena and lychee.

Wet: I'm not just clean, I'm Zestfully clean! This smells just like Zest soap.

Drydown: I'm getting a bit of rose now, and a small amount of that citrus freshness that lychee gives, but it's overlaid with a strong soap scent. This is definitely not for me.

Very nice blend! I smell the lemon verbena, creamy & clean. Not traditional "clean" scent, but a "I just stepped out of the shower clean". After about 15 mins. I get an additional rosey-ness. Love it!

Moonflower overload. It's happened before.. :( Too bad - I really was hoping the musk would fight my skin's tendency to amp the floral. I get a similar smell to Silence with this one (another oil where i was crossing my finger for musk ampage.) It's light and delicate and very pretty. I can see why people would like this one.

Edit: Two hours later and the musk has come through, but I seem to be very hit or miss with some of the musks. When they're good, they produce some of my absolute favorite blends but when they're not.... :whack: (I'm the one getting whacked on the nose by the musk police). This turned to the sour, "you haven't had a shower in a week and girl, you need it!" musk smell just as it did for me in Sed non Satiata. The flowers kept fighting it off and they're slightly ahead right now. This may be a deal breaker.

Edited by rayvn1

I totally mangle the rose, and probably the moonflower as well. Super sharp and sour and unpleasant. It's somehow powdery and soapy and almost moldy at the same time. Wow. It's bad.

Pure lemon Verbena with something powdery.

Edited by BuxomM

In the imp, I'm getting blue and white musk, rose and lemon. Hrm. On my skin, this is very strongly lemon and rose, we'll see if it lets up at all. No change, unfortunately, and not my thing.

Edited by Venneh

Eh. Rosy, lemony dish soap. With a little lychee and magnolia in the background, but they're barely there. After a bit, something’s going a bit sour, though I’m not sure what. Whatever it is, it reminds me of the smell of green stems of flowers. When you break them? Yeah, I'm not feeling it.

Sniffed: White musk with a touch of verbena and fruit -- gentle, slightly creamy and fuzzy.

On skin: Gentle and light, ghostly and indistinct. The white musk forms a fuzzy backdrop to the clear, watery, fruity notes. A sour, thin citrus note that I now recognize as verbena, occasionally threatens to dominate the blend. Thankfully the other notes aren't having any of this, and the blend is overall a pleasant watery, fruity musk, although the dirty sourness morphs in and out. Over time the verbena fades, and the scent just becomes fainter and gentler. Colour impression is a vague melange of white, pale blue and leaf-green -- it really does evoke the dreamy ephemerality of the Salon image.

Verdict: Eh. Rozpustnica is pleasant and I'm thankful the other notes are tempering the verbena. But it's really nondescript and I see (smell?) no compelling reason to keep it. For swaps.

In the vial: I get a lot of lemon verbena out of the vial, with florals in the background.

On: Initially, this smells like a lemon Ricola with indistinct florals. I also get a lot of dust.

Later: Weak, slightly lemony floral. Not for me.

I was curious about Rozpustnica because I enjoy white musk (but am not familiar with "blue musk" as a note), the florals here, and lychee, but lemon verbena has a tendency to amp on me. I have had a decant sitting in my imp box for a few years now that I hadn't gotten around to trying.

In the decant: The oil is a light golden color. The very first sniff reminded me of a soapy scent like bubble solution, but I can tell this is a complex blend. It's difficult for my nose to really separate out the notes, but I can smell some light, sweet florals and a sort of powdery musky base.

On my skin: This is almost wine-like when first applied to my skin, but then the lemon verbena immediately comes to the surface. I hadn't detected it specifically in the decant, but as usual it really pops out right away on my skin. This is smelling like a cleaning product at this stage, lemon with an almost bleachy kind of background that burns the inside of my nose a bit. :|

A couple minutes later, I can smell what seems like a nice, light floral (the moonflower/magnolia probably as it doesn't smell quite rose-like) trying to struggle through but it's still getting drowned out by the lemon verbena. Michi walked in and said she smelled rose in the air, so apparently the throw is mostly rose.

After a while, it does eventually get somewhat better - it's more of a sweet, powdery floral. But that strong lemon verbena and cleaning fluid stage is unpleasant to me. I think that overall, this is a scent that just doesn't work well with my chemistry.

Edited by sunlitgarden