Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
requieminblack

Pumpkin Smash

Pumpkin pulp, beeswax candles, smoke, asphalt, and beer!

I was afraid of the beer. I really don't even like to drink beer and I sure as hell don't like the smell of it! This is pretty yummy, though! Slightly buttery pumpkin and spice, like a pumpkin pastie, with an incensy, smokey drydown. Edited by Silvertree
Added scent description.

This one I hadn't tried for awhile. The first time I put it on, I remember thinking, "Egads! Get this off of me!" but I'd forgotten and seeing my pile of unused bottles/imps, I decided to try it again.

Thank god I did.

Bottle: Pumpkin. Not the spicy, mmm-pie-pumpkin, just pumpkin.

Wet: I think I amp smoke notes because that's all I could smell for the first few seconds. The pumpkin came through, but it must have been a smoker because the smoke lingered about.

Dry: Finally! After about thirty minutes, the smoke fades and this delicious beeswax smell comes through. I don't get any beer (which I had the first time, so maybe letting it age was a good thing). Just pumpkin and beeswax and nummy goodness.

Not one of my all time favorites, but definitely one I'll be keeping around =)

bottle: sweet, creamy pumpkin.

wet: this gets creamier when it hits my skin, not sweet like pumpkin cheescake, just lightly sweet and very creamy pumpkin.

dry: with notes like smoke, asphalt and beer i kept expecting this to get sour or bitter on my skin... but it never did. it's kind of a tangy/creamy pumpkin scent. love.

Edited by hkhm

BPAL's pumpkin note is usually too heavy and buttery for me, but this is awesome! It starts off as that thick cloying pumpkin note that usually makes me a bit ill, with a little beery edge. As it dries, the smoke and beeswax darken and ground the scent, making it a very wearable and unique smudged, burnt, waxy pumpkin blend-- I know I'm probably not making it sound very appetizing, but it's great if you like smoky autumn scents like I do!

Mmmmmmm, a bunch of yummy things stuffed into one bottle :yum: Like enjoying pumpkin pie and pumpkin ale around some honeyed candlelight outside on the asphalt in the shadows of Mischief Night! Delicious pumpkin, honey and malt beer with the right amount of spooky darkness overhead. Like kerikeri said, great smoky autumn scent, and I'm a sucker for smoky autumn scents. LOVE!

Edited by Invidiana

this is a truly nice blend. i wish that it worked with my skin chemistry.

it's very sweet and creamy in the imp. i don't get any of the listed notes other than pumpkin, but it's very spicy and warm. it's the most foody of the pumpkins i've tried so far, and it was closest to my holy grail of a bpal pumpkin that smells like pie, and not pie plus _____ insert note here. i love the lab's pumpkin note in all forms, and this was almost perfect.

until it dried and turned into microwaved plain popcorn.

This was NOT a scent I expected to like (and I am a Pumpkin-a-holic!), but it's amazing! It's smoky and pumpkiny and just a little spicy. Lovely!

Oh man, this is STRONG.

I ordered this on a whim being unfamilliar to BPAL's pumpkin note and scents in general, and knew it wasn't for me right away. I was intrigued by a non-sweet/foody/typical pumpkin scent because spicy sweet pumpkin scents don't impress me, but I've now learnt I just don't like pumpkin period.

This smells like a pumpkin candle, a whiff of the ashphalt, maybe a bit of the smoke but no beer. I love the smell of natural beeswax but this just had that generic wax candle smell, no smoky sweet honeyness like beeswax normally has. After awhile it kind of turned into Pumpkin Playdoh on my wrist.

I'm glad others really like this because my bottle is headed for swaps ASAP :(

ETA: After 2 hours and an attempted wash off, the scent is still quite strong considering, but has really mellowed and sweetened on me and is much more pleasant. The waxy playdoh smell is gone and the pumpkin has also settled down quite a bit, and the smoke keeps it from being cloying or too foody. Will test again but still most likely to swap my bottle.

Edited by Drae

Pumpkin Smash features the light, sweet, fleshy pumpkin from White Pumpkin Extrait. It's made sweeter by the beeswax, and then there's a wisp of smoke, like someone just blew out a candle. The beer note joins in after some time, and it is a pale variety. But mostly, it's about that pumpkin note! I never got any asphalt, but maybe it would become apparent with a good slather. And slather I shall, once October hits! 🎃