Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nymph87

What do bottles and labels look like?

i just uploaded a photo of the pumpkin patch. just in case anyone was curious.

Thank you so much! Now I want to get all of the patch just for the cutest labels ever! (my decants are not here yet)

Hi! Could I ask what the Panacea labels look like, or if they've changed a lot since they were first released? I have a cobalt bottle of Succor and it has the strangest label - the triple dagger heart, sideways, with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Succor also written sideways. I am teh curious.

Hi! Could I ask what the Panacea labels look like, or if they've changed a lot since they were first released? I have a cobalt bottle of Succor and it has the strangest label - the triple dagger heart, sideways, with Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Succor also written sideways. I am teh curious.

I have some Panacea labels on my BPAL flickr gallery under General Catalog. Quietude, Seduction (not shown on flickr), and Bitch are all the triple dagger/heart, but GRR is different. Bitch and GRR were both somewhat recent purchases.

I have one of each of the different The Girl labels, and now i'm hoping i end up with one of each of the Mircalla labels (i have a full bottle coming from a forum sale and a half coming from a decant circle, so i've got my fingers crossed!). Thanks for the pics!

Can anyone make out what's on The Girl's black and white label? Looks like abstract photography to me. *Peers at the bottle intently*. :blink:

Its a close-up of a skull. You see the eye sockets and nose hole but not the lower half (sorry about the blur):

100_0727.jpg

Can anyone make out what's on The Girl's black and white label? Looks like abstract photography to me. *Peers at the bottle intently*. :blink:

Its a close-up of a skull. You see the eye sockets and nose hole but not the lower half (sorry about the blur):

100_0727.jpg

Wow, thanks!

100_0727.jpg

Wow, thanks!

It looks like an X-Ray of a skull to me.

Thanks everyone! :D I have the Sarah bottle now so I can see it up close. It is two skulls, buried either in rocks, or like thigh bones that you can only see the ends of.

If I tilt it a certain way I can still see the lady's abdomen with elbows, and a belt with foie gras dangling off it! I must need a magazine rack, for my issues.

So, i'm guessing all of the Literary Vampires have dual labels? So far i only have The Girl (x3) and Mircalla (x2, soon to be three). I LOVELOVELOVE the color labels on these, they fit the stories beautifully. So i guess i'm wondering if anyone has color labels for any of the other Vamps, especially Clarimonde.

I know one of these is 'the Phoenix'... well, I Thought it was. (The one on the right.)

One says 'OCT 31, 2007'. That one smells more like 'the Phoenix' than the one that Says the Phoenix. "Sea air, gunpowder, lime, salt-crusted wood, a splash of blood, and a dribble of Snake Oil." That one on the left definitely has Snake Oil, where the one on the right... I swear it smells like it doesn't. The one on the right is also clear liquid...so I can't imagine there is snake oil in there.

Someone help me figure out what these are ; ;

http://media.shozu.com/cache/portal/media/a6e4135/16777230

Forgive the huge pic. Still figuring out my iPhone.

I Believe one of those bottles is Pirate Moon ;)

edit : yes the one on the left is Pirate Moon.

Edited by Purrsnikety

Thanks for all the information. I hadn't thought that one was Pirate Moon. Makes sense though. But... I'm still confused about the snake oil aspect. ; ;

Not sure, but the listed notes are for The Phoenix, and here are some links showing the labels:

Pirate Moon: http://www.bpal.org/index.php?autocom=gall...si&img=1683

The Phoenix: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_twilight/2779305763/

Ha! This photo has both of them in the same order as your photo! :P

http://www.flickr.com/photos/co-dependent/1813320224/

Edited by devilot

Not sure, but the listed notes are for The Phoenix, and here are some links showing the labels:

Pirate Moon: http://www.bpal.org/index.php?autocom=gall...si&img=1683

The Phoenix: http://www.flickr.com/photos/miss_twilight/2779305763/

Ha! This photo has both of them in the same order as your photo! :P

http://www.flickr.com/photos/co-dependent/1813320224/

Thank you so very much!!!

The one on the left is *definitely* Pirate Moon, and The Phoenix is a clear-colored scent that supposedly has SO in it, but I could never tell. I don't own The Phoenix anymore, but I still love my Pirate Moon!!

Pirate Moon and The Phoenix were both forum-only scents for Beth and Ted's wedding, October 31, 2007. A little piece of bpal history :lol:

Avast thar! On Octobree th' 31st, Pirate Moon be hangin' high in th' sky! Mad Bess Moriarty, Scourge o` th' Se`en Seas, an' Captain T.J. Barrial wi' be joinin' the'r spirits in unholy matrimony! This scent be created t' commemorate th' union o' these two scurrilous sea dogs.

So, splice th' mainbrace an' get thee loaded t' th' gunwales, me buckos, 'tis a time o' celebration!

Red musk, ambergris, coconut palm, red sandalwood, balsam, date, warm leather, tobacco, ebony, lingum vitae wood, pandanus grass, an' a touch o' lime.

20 Dubloons, ya swabbie!

and

This naval galleon was boarded and commandeered in 1713 on the order of Mad Bess Moriarty, along with a fat fleet of ships bearing precious oils, rare resins, and exotic spices. Once the vessels were secured, Mad Bess selected the finest, fittest galleon from the ships that they had acquired, and chose it to be her flagship. Her crew set to work knocking down the cabins, making the ship flush fore and aft, and painting her low sides were painted black, with one thin riband of orange. They prepared black colors, and set bloodshot, glaring occuli along the entirety of the hull. A new figurehead was carved in the shape of a flame-wreathed, screaming bird, and the ship was sanctified with wine, rum, and the blood of their enemies.

Mounted with 52 guns, and manned with the fiercest pirates to sail the Seven Seas, she was rechristened "the Phoenix".

Sea air, gunpowder, lime, salt-crusted wood, a splash of blood, and a dribble of Snake Oil.

So, i'm guessing all of the Literary Vampires have dual labels? So far i only have The Girl (x3) and Mircalla (x2, soon to be three). I LOVELOVELOVE the color labels on these, they fit the stories beautifully. So i guess i'm wondering if anyone has color labels for any of the other Vamps, especially Clarimonde.

I think it's possible that not all, but only the most popular vampires have two different labels.

Edited by Mrs.Black

I have some Panacea labels on my BPAL flickr gallery under General Catalog. Quietude, Seduction (not shown on flickr), and Bitch are all the triple dagger/heart, but GRR is different. Bitch and GRR were both somewhat recent purchases.

Aha! Thanks so much (I lost this thread and only just came back) Mine is actually like the ones shown in your gallery with the triple dagger/heart... but SIDEWAYS! Like, exactly the same but the label is reversed to go around the bottle, instead of up/down (if you see what I mean) I'm curious why...