Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Jailhouse hooch. Distilled in toilets, this vintage is comprised of chow line droppings, including oranges, apples, ketchup, and sugar.

pruno.jpg
First off, I just love the little jailbar label on this bottle. Lol

Bottle: Very FIZZY sort of fruits. Like, super carbonated slightly orange soda. Cool, no ketchup in sight…

Wet: I can’t get over how fizzy this feels. I smell a lightly sweetened orange and a mega dose of “fizzy” whatever note that is. :P Its like a carbonated party punch. There also seems to be a light floral component…almost jasmine like, but not doing the horrible things that jasmine usually does on me. I know no florals are listed…but…maybe the jail’s toilet cleanser? LOL

Drying: All of the above applies, still. But I think I’m getting a bit of a cool piney note. Fizzy orange pine soda. Again, the piney thing makes me think there’s a toilet cleanser note in this as a joke. Hehe. (reminds me a bit of knecht rupbrecht) Fades fairly quickly to a faint fruit fizz.

Overall: A very awesome joke. And a pleasant enough scent, but not something that I can see myself really wearing. Onto swaps! Edited by jewelbug

Oh bugger.. I'm getting all the 'distilled in toilets' bit and none of the good stuff. I bought this via a sales post here on the forum - I read the reviews first and saw "fizzy orange" and mentions of The Hamptons and I thought ooh.. sounds delicious!

Then I get my bottle. It certainly is an eccentric blend of interesting notes, but do I like it? Uhhh.. no. Sadly, this is really sour and rank and nasty on my skin. I left it on for about 45 minutes, hoping it would improve, but I had to go wash it off.. it was actually hurting my nose and making me feel a bit sick - it didn't smell very nice at all. Buh-bye Pruno, I'm sure someone out there is going to love you, but it ain't me.

In The Bottle

Boozey oranges with a vinegary edge. Surprisingly fresh

On Application

As above

Dry Down

This reminds me of The Hamptons. Fresh, boozey and a little bit sweet. I knd of like it but it's not spectacular for me

Rating (0-5)

Ah Pruno. You do smell like bad alcohol. Kinda like college made jungle juice.

If you made it in a TOILET.

There's a distinctive toilet cleanser/urinal cake superclean fume that is attached to the fruity alcohol.

Not the type of scent I'd wear, but damn... this does smell like jailhouse hooch!

Slightly fruity, with a sour note to it in the imp.

On my skin it smells.. almost floral. Very perfumey, generic, with a hint of.. bathroom cleaner. Ugh, not for me.

Pruno

I was hoping for fizza orange soda. Instead, I got fizzy vinegar. :cry2:

In the imp: Oh dear, I smell ketchup. :S

Wet: It's not so bad wet. Quite sweet and floral, with a hint of booze. Mostly orange.

Dry: Kind of reminds me of toilet cleaner. Ew.

Fizzy peppery orange toilet cleaner. But a nice one :D

Weird and lovely at the same time.

Okay the toilet cleaner has all but dissapered now it smells like floral ginger ale on me ... I LIKE!!

Edited by Lilly

Fruit cocktail comes immediately to mind on application. I do get a whiff of ketchup in the background... happily that does not linger. The end result is fizzy fruit.

In the bottle it seemed a little cleaning product citrus, but not awfully so.

I smeared a bit across the back of my hand and got a lot of citrus which quickly seemed like lemons and then (I'm not kidding) soap. Like liquid citrus hand soap. After a few minutes it has lightened up considerably and seems on its way to fading off fast. Weird.

This is so much nicer than I expected. It started off heavily fruity but I couldn't really pick out any specific fruits. It dried down to a powdery, chalky candy scent like Smarties. I got absolutely no ketchup or other weird notes thank goodness. Throw isn't the best, but if your skin chemistry gives you the ketchup note that could be a good thing!