Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
JennyGardener

Days of the Week BPAL

I'm interested in having a favorite BPAL for each day of the week. Sunday is the day of the Sun. Hence, its perfume should be warm, bright, life-giving, and healthful. Any ideas?

What would the perfect Monday scent be? Monday is the Moon's day. It's scent should be mysterious, intuitive, fuzzy or foggy, and feminine.

Tuesday is a day for getting things done! Ruled by Mars, Tuesday should have an aggressive, fierce, masculine scent. One that keeps you moving forward and helps you perform great deeds.

Wednesday is Odin's day. It's a day for tricksters, glib tongues, and swift changes. What BPALS are best suited for wearing on Wednesdays?

Thor's Day. Expansive, encompassing. A day for big things and openness. How could I best embody the spirit of this day with BPAL?

Friday is always a day for families and friends and lovers. Love, in all its myriad forms. What BPALS make you feel most loving?

O, golly, how could I forget Saturday? What BPAL scents embody the spirit of Saturday?

Edited by ivyandpeony
merged individual day topics into "days of the week"

Of my collection, probably Cockaigne. It smells like pie... warmth and sweetness and closeness.

ETA: (I said this in reference to what scents making me feel loving, which would be associated with Friday...)

I love Marie, so I'm always inclined to recommend it (though it's sorely under-rated!). I find it flirty, which is pretty glib, and the violet has that "now you smell it/now you don't" thing, which seems good for quick changes.

ETA: This is for Wednesday

Edited by ivyandpeony

Odin would probably be a good starting point. :P

You might want to try The Stations of the Sun in Excolo. I've only tried Ra (there are three total), and not only do I adore it, but it's a VERY sunny blend.

I wouldn't necessarily classify it as fierce, but Casanova is a very uppity blend. It's energetic and driven, very take-charge - and slightly naughty. Plus it smells great.

Hi, JennyGardener, I just went through a period where I used the Celestial associated for that day, but those are discontinued, so I don't know if you'd be able to get them.

However, I totally agree with any or all of the four Stations of the Sun and Tarot: The Sun. They're really awesome, and would be great for Sundays. I just wanted to especially mention it, since the Tarots are being discontinued, in case you wanted to get one before they're gone. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I haven't tried Tarot: The Moon for Monday (only Luna, the celestial,) but that's another thought.

I'll be watching this thread, too, for more ideas :P

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the TAL blend Lionheart, which feels very expansive to me. In the BPAL blends, my suggestion is Obatala, which not only has that bright expansive energy, it also smells divine, yummy coconutty goodness.

Friday is associated with Freyja, so Brisingamen seems like a natural choice!

For Sunday, Et Lux Fuit is very warm and sunny, as is Jacob's Ladder.

Edited by ivyandpeony
merged multiple posts for continuity in thread

Well, for me, Saturday is a day of relaxation and fun - the day of the week when hooray, I can relax and do what I like! So it would have to be a scent that embodies that kind of casual relaxation (I realize this doesn't work with the mythological/word origins of Saturday, but it's what I think of). I think for me, maybe Alice or Cheshire Cat? Mad Tea Party scents seem right for a Saturday!

This is such a great idea, jennygardener - just to keep things tidy in Recs, I combined the individual day threads into one post. Reminds me of having "days of the week" panties when I was little. :P

Some of you might want to go back and edit your post a wee bit to specify what day you were discussing - if you replied to multiple days and you'd like your responses merged, just hit the "report" button at the bottom of one of them for me and I will take care of it.

Happy discussions!

Well, I'm looking forward to imping some of these recommendations, but I think I need more to choose from for individual days...

I see Sol is up on ebay - should I bid on it for Sunday?

And Saturday - what might suit it?

I do think that perhaps Death from the Tarot collection (by description, anyway) would be perfect for Wednesday. Too bad the Tarots are going to be leaving us soon! I wanted to try some, but didn't have the spending money for the imp collection. Ah well.

Fridays always make me happy and want to be fun and flirty so I often find myself reaching for Bordello because it embodies that for me. It would also be good for Saturday although that feels like more of a lazy day to me. I second Alice or any of the other Mad Tea Party scents for Saturday.

This is a great idea for a thread by the way! Too bad I'm terrible at planning ahead!! :P

I'm interested in having a favorite BPAL for each day of the week. Sunday is the day of the Sun. Hence, its perfume should be warm, bright, life-giving, and healthful. Any ideas?

LITHA!!! The midsummer perfume, full of honey and dandelions and summer motes of light! Also, Chickens on the Garden Path, and of course, SOL if you can find it. And "The Sun" in the Tarot set before it goes away. White Light might be good too.

What would the perfect Monday scent be? Monday is the Moon's day. It's scent should be mysterious, intuitive, fuzzy or foggy, and feminine.

Black Moon

Blue Moon

Luna

The Moon - Tarot

Tuesday is a day for getting things done! Ruled by Mars, Tuesday should have an aggressive, fierce, masculine scent. One that keeps you moving forward and helps you perform great deeds.

Mars, of course, but also High John the Conquerer, Stregnth from the Tarots, the Apothecary (it's full of lovely things that make you concentrate), and Whip to whip you forward :D Shango would be great as well. He's sooo fierce!

Wednesday is Odin's day. It's a day for tricksters, glib tongues, and swift changes. What BPALS are best suited for wearing on Wednesdays?

Mr.Nancy, Coyote and Elegba :D Oya would be good as well.

Thor's Day. Expansive, encompassing. A day for big things and openness. How could I best embody the spirit of this day with BPAL?

WHen I think "encompassing" I think Yemaya, all the way. Obatala would be nice here too.

Friday is always a day for families and friends and lovers. Love, in all its myriad forms. What BPALS make you feel most loving?

Yemaya, again. Also, Lyonesse makes me feel very loved and cared for, when I wear it.

O, golly, how could I forget Saturday? What BPAL scents embody the spirit of Saturday?

SMUT!!!! :P

N.

We need more ideas! What if there's a note I have trouble with in one of these suggestions? We need a big fat list for each day, so that everyone can scent their days of the week panties that the Trading Post is going to offer soon...er, right?

Fridays always make me happy and want to be fun and flirty so I often find myself reaching for Bordello because it embodies that for me.

Bordello's my Friday scent too for exactly the same reason! Although lately I've been alternating it with Tokyo Stomp because that strikes me as fun and happy too (although not as flirty).

As for other days, I have nada.

Sign in to follow this