Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
gloom bear

Red Currant, Black Currant & Cassis scents

i'm much more of the dark berry kinda girl

Well, they don't have black currant in them, but I definately get "dark berries" from Blood Countess and Morgause.

I'd also recommend giving Blood Countess a shot.

You might also like Montresor, thought its an LE.

The long discontinued Lush massage bar with a glace morello cherry half embedded in it...darn, forgot the name but that was cassis at its most divine. Skin Sin was nothing like it at all!

Cherie Ripe! That was what it was called! My initiation into cassis.

You might also like Montresor, thought its an LE.

i should have a bottle arriving in my mailbox any day now. :P

but i have a feeling it is eat me that i am going to go crazy for. come on 12/7 orders!!! :D

i love that this thread is still going. yessss.... enable my obsession! :D

Black currant and cassis lovers... get thee over to the Lab site and order Candy Phoenix. I don't love sweet, "candy" scents and I am picky about the fruits that I like (hey, they are picky about working on me, so I figure I am entitled!) Anyway, despite those facts, something compelled me to order this one and it is phenomenal! I get tons of black currant iced with a little white sugar :P

I think there are two ways a currant can smell...the dried ones taste rich and sweet, and sort of like raisins to me, and that's what I find in All Souls, which I love.

But the fresh ones are more tart and juicy. :yum: For fans of the fresh currant scent, I second the Candy Phoenix suggestion and also highly recommend Lady Una.

ETA: currants don't really look rich to me! :lol:

Edited by Melisssa

I think there are two ways a currant can smell...the dried ones look and taste rich and sweet, and sort of like raisins to me, and that's what I find in All Souls, which I love.

But the fresh ones are more tart and juicy. :yum: For fans of the fresh currant scent, I second the Candy Phoenix suggestion and also highly recommend Lady Una.

Yes! Lady Una is gorgeous.

Oh this make me so happy!! I've got a bottle of Candy Phoenix coming...hopefully soon. I looooove currants.

I think my all time top favorite currant is in All Souls - whoa :wub2: . But I also really enjoy Bordello.

Sign in to follow this