Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

The King of Hearts

this one is a huge morpher!

wet: lavender & cherry. i like this stage, it's quite unisex, tipping towards masculine

drydown: red musk & middle eastern manly rose - a very muslim aftershave scent. the lavender and cherry completely fade away, and i'm just left with this common aftershave, which I associate with muslim men where I live. it's not a bad scent at all, but just too common for me to really enjoy it :(

This is a very, very old af- I mean, aged imp. I think it came with one of my first purchases in 2007-8ish.

I vaguely remember this smelling like fruity, lavender and roses in the imp when it was fresh, and I was too scared to try it because I used to amp roses like crazy...roses and I are on better terms now, but I don't smell them in the imp anymore.

Now the imp smells of a floral, herby lavender wood floor cleaner, but not in a bad way...kinda.

On the skin, a small burst of cherries and rose, AND they're gone! ...lavender and maybe a hint of rosewood and musk are all that's left.

After drydown (10ish minutes), mainly lavender, but roses are starting to bloom, and a hint of cough syrup which might be the cherries. Usually I love cherries on me, but I smell like cough drops...can't decide if that's a bad thing. The kombucha girl meme keeps running through my head, I'm confused.

I think I need to try a fresh imp to compare, but it's very soothing and might be something I wear to help fall sleep.

In the imp: A lavender-strong fougere, rosewood, and musk.

Wet: A pink, pale, shimmering musk that smells almost exactly like Lush's Fairy Dust

Dry: Lavender-musk, barely perceptible after a hour. I like it very much, but it is so light. After four hours, it's vanished entirely, and the throw is next to nothing. Good perhaps if you're in close quarters with scent-sensitive folk.

Stars: ★★★½, would have been 4 if it were longer lived.

In the imp: Very light and cologney, much more so than I was expecting from the note list. The lavender and white musk are what stand out most to me. (I also do not know how old this imp is. It came to me indirectly.)

On my skin:

Wet, yes, lavender and white musk, like a crisp gentleman's cologne. 

Folks weren't kidding about this being a morpher! As it develops on my skin, I get a point where it's mostly soapy rose and then another phase where it's cherry-dominant, with the original sharp lavender all but undetectable. Several minutes after that, I get a very nice cherry rosewood phase. 

Cherry rosewood is where it stays on me, and while it is quite nice, it's not so much a "me" kind of vibe. While it's sweet, it also gives me a sort of traditionally masculine vibe, though a refined, sophisticated kind of masculine, rather than something that reads "rugged." 

Edited by torischroeder9

More of a masculine smell, cherries and berries type of fruitiness with a slight musky floral note