Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Hippiesh, spicy, musky scents - without patchouli

i am one that doesn't find o and snake oil similar, but i *do* find morrocco and snake oil similar. i also agree w/ g.p. but not so much w/ snake charmer (it was all plummy on me not spices like snake oil), i love patchouli so i love snake oil, but prefer it aged about 6 months. also my reccomendation would be to go back to snake oil after being getting familiar w/ bpal for a while. i didn't like snake oil so much when i was new, i wondered why people raved about it. but now i love it, i think my nose needed to get used to the feel of bpal, and then snake oil smelled fabulous.

I vote for Eat Me too. I tried it just the other day, and I was surprised at how the cake-in-the-bottle scent melded into a very smooth Snake-Oil-esque vanilla without the patchouli. Hyphen hyphen!

I find Snake Oil and Eat Me to be very similar. At first I thought my new bottle of Eat Me *was* Snake Oil. It smells cleaner, though.

It could totally be just me, but Bathsheba feels like a summertime (lighter) non-patchouli version of Snake Oil.

While I love them both, those two smell nothing alike on my skin. Snake Oil is lacivious, yet sensual wheras Bathsheba is my girlie, playful perfume. They are both sweet, though.

I'm late to the party, but Silk Road is my summertime substitute for Snake Oil. It seems to have the same spices but much less heavy sweetness (and while I don't really get patchouli from Snake Oil, I definitely don't get it from Silk Road).

I was very patchouli-averse until entering the BPAL universe, so I sympathize - but we have the best smelling dirty hippies anywhere. And I have really grown fond of a lot of patchouli blends in the almost-two-years of BPAL sniffing and wearing I've experienced, so write yourself a note and see where you stand two years from now. :P A lot of people find that their tastes change!