Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Leo

lime / heliotrope / juniper
orange / sandalwood

I swapped for this on the forums,as it's my rising sign and i was very curious.

In the imp it was crisp, citrussy and fresh, and surprisingly it didn't make me sneeze (heliotrope and juniper are both iffy with my allergies). On it was light, and faded fairly quickly but didn't morph too much, although it did make my skin itch something awful where i put it.

The verdict - i'll wear it, but in a scent locket from now on, because i like lime that much.

Leo - When I first sniffed this, all I could detect was the sandalwood and juniper. Juniper ruins most blends for me. It just doesn’t work with my skin chemistry 95% of the time. I went ahead and tested it anyway, and was delightfully surprised when I discovered that once it was on my skin, the juniper blended very nicely with the sandalwood, and the fresh and crisp scent of fresh orange juice brightened the scent up and worked really, really well with the juniper and sandalwood. In fact, I have the feeling that if Leo were easier to get my hands on, I’d wear it regularly (despite not being a Leo and in fact, being a water sign). As the oil dries down, I also begin to detect the bright citrus scent of a sliver of lime, which also blends really nicely with the other notes. Around 2 hours after I apply it, the scent overall has faded significantly and the juniper and lime have faded completely, but this is also when I begin to detect a soft floral scent that is blending very nicely with the sandalwood and orange. There is, in fact, a faint touch of powdery note that is what I generally get from orange blossom. Actually, at this point, it reminds me a lot of Tamora (and when I look up Tamora’s scent description, I can definitely see why!). This is a wonderful scent, and I really wish Beth would bring back the astrological oils. I’d buy a bottle of this!

In the bottle Leo is citrusy with a hint of floral. It's really not a scent I normally wear so even though I've had this bottle for a while this is maybe the second time I've worn it. Once on the florals amp up and I'm a little worried that they'll be too strong. Luckily that phase only lasts for a bit and then the citrus and florals mellow and the sandalwood comes out and and everything settles down into a delicious warmth. Leo is bright and cheery with a sensous depth. Very glad I decided to try it today.

In Bottle: Woody powder

On Skin: I was excited for this scent above all others because I am a true Leo. I like the deep woodyness of this scent, but I smell something almost chemically in the background. It’s also very powdery and powdery scents usually don’t work too well with me. I was very worried about the juniper since it’s usually sharp on me but the heliotrope both softens and sweetens the scent. Sandalwood is one of my favorite notes and my favorite wood for sure so it is a pleasant addition. It is very light and pretty. The lime and orange give the tangy note that I think smells chemically. Interesting and a nice blend to experience, but not really something I’d wear even though I like it a lot more as it develops and melds with my skin. Fairly strong throw and average to long wearlength.

In three words: citrusy, creamy, yellow.

And yummy! Please re-release the astros Beth!!!! :P

The juniper and sandalwood are at odds, trying to create a stench of eternal badness. It is working. The sandalwood settles down to choke the juniper, making my skin smell like dusty juniper.

Eventually, the heliotrope intervenes and tries to find some sort of happy medium. The citrus is being strangely timid, and I'm confused. I can actually get a whiff of the orange if I'm not huffing my arm. But the LIME!! Who killed the lime?

This is more woodsy than I thought it would be. My chemistry has corrupted this into an earth sign, but hopefully the notes I love will win out. We'll see. :P

This blend proves that citrus does NOT age well. There's faint whiffs of orange on this but I get mostly juniper, heliotrope and sandalwood as the base. On wet, the orange was a bit stronger and perhaps its my imagination but lime made an appearance for one HOT second?

It's sort of got an orange Pez candy feel to it.

I wish I had bought some when this was fresh though.

Golden oil. Warm, woodsy, woody. Sandalwood and juniper are the strongest, with maybe a little cedar too. Heliotrope is quite present, but the citrus is woefully light.

A little brighter, sweeter, fruitier, with both lime and orange and I swear some lemon, too. Still very woody and warmly so, with a dry, sawdusty edge. However, the citrus balances the dry wood and makes this work, though I definitely find it to be a masculine blend. The heliotrope is amped on my skin, and as usual is a gorgeously golden and glowing.

Very slow to dry, but the citrus is coming back a bit and this has sweetened. Still a lot of dry to the point of dusty wood and that juniper berry almost spicy woodsiness, but the strong heliotrope and return of the citrus balances this blend. I think it fits the concept very well, sunny and bold and masculine. I think this is the same delicious lime note from Mr. Nancy, though of course faded with time.

Not a morpher, really. It remains a slightly green-woodsy and fresh, slightly sweet lime-and-orange citrusy, bright golden heliotrope and dry, somewhat dusty and sharp, warm sandalwood - with perhaps a bit of cedar, too. I like it quite a bit, but for a man - and I'm not distraught that I can't acquire a bottle, but very glad I got to test this. Low throw but great longevity.