Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Dragon Moon 2006

In Imperial China, the Dragon was the symbol of the Emperor’s power, and to this day, the concept and the image of the Dragon is considered sacrosanct. The Dragon is a symbol of power, the Lord of weather and water. The Dragon Moon celebrates the glory and vigor of Springtime: dragon’s blood resin, tea leaf, bamboo reed, sandalwood and cherry blossom.

Dragon's Blood and Bamboo are strongest notes on my skin. Cherry Blossom emerges on drydown. Dries to a woodsy floral, and faintly spicy scent on my skin.

This is an amazing scent.

This is primarily a green tea and cherry blossom scent. As it dries there is a spiciness that must be coming from the dragon's blood. On complete drydown it is a spicy cherry blossom tea with a hint of greenness.

In the bottle I smell something light, slightly floral, with a background of Dragon's blood. I have a lot of hope for this one.

On my skin, it starts off oh-kay, very floral which is not really my style but I hold out.

Then it turns into ivory soap and I have to wash it off. Pity.

dragon moon was an impulse purchase; i wasn't even aware of bpal's existence back in 2006, so this is one of the older bottles in my collection!

i get a lot of pulpy, plenty bamboo from this at first. then the cherry blossom comes in- one of the few florals i truly enjoy, and i don't have a lot of blends that contain it. this is really fresh and sweet and spring-like. i don't get a lot of dragon's blood (maybe as a faint, floral sweetness in the background?) or sandalwood. it's very pretty- i will be wearing this in the springtime for sure!

This one seems less resinous than the '12 version, but lovely in it's own uniqueness. This is a more watery, fresh Dragon Moon, more springlike than the '12, which I found dark, resinous and kind of heavy (which I like), and more suited for fall/winter to me. There's a fresh green note here, which I'm thinking is the bamboo. So, watery, fresh, slightly resiny green with a touch of spice. I'm getting no dbr. I really like this, but will save it for the spring.

This is just ... mmmm. Sweet, soft ... I love the lab's bamboo. The dragon's blood resin lends it some sweetness as does the cherry blossom. The sandalwood gives it some depth, and the bamboo gives it a watery feel. Overall it's a red-ish pink feel to it that's feminine, sexy, soft, and sweet.

Wet: green apple? I really smell this typical apple scent with a bit blossoms in the background.

Dry: now I can detect the tea scent, it is kind of astringent. The apple is gone but the blossom scent gets stronger. But I get no Sandelwood and no dragonsblood. Sad but nothing for me. Was hoping for a more balsamic scent.

Wet: Dragon's blood, tea leaf, and bamboo! A very fresh and "green" dragon's blood.

Dry: More or less faded. Left behind is just the sweet smell of bamboo.

I'm sure on the right person this smells amazing, but it's not working for me. A shame, because I love dragon's blood!

I was fortunate to be able to pick up a bottle of this from a wonderful forumite in an order. The Lunar New Year blends and tea containing blends are both among my favorite and this has elements that reminded me of both, so I was very excited for it. It is beautiful on my skin!

On me, both wet and dried down, the predominant notes are a soft sweet-spicy resinous dragon's blood, cherry blossom, and a very fresh tea. The bamboo is there softly in the background, and I'm not really getting sandalwood at all. There's a beautiful balance of freshness and resins and florals, that just smells delightful.

It's a very comforting scent to me!