Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Nihil

Oh, floral! Why is it I always fall in love with the unreleased florals???

Alas, it's going kind of odd on my skin. Hard to smell, with one of the "cold" notes in it. It chills my nostrils!

First sniff: I have a hard time pinning this one down. It trips my men’s-aftershave trigger immediately, but it’s (of course) more complex. Bright aqua-blue and chilly.

Wearing: Hrm. From men’s aftershave to aquatic floral, sort of an ozoney turquoise. It wore off fairly quickly, but I’m used to that with aquatics. Very nice while it lasted.

I'm definitely getting florals in this.. Gardenia maybe? I'm terrible at notes :\ It's got a menthol property to it in that it clears my sinuses lol Might be functional for that purpose, but I doubt I would wear this one.

This was an enablement imp given to me by Reedsong...

In the vial: very heavy floral, almost like an upscale perfume to me.

On the skin: there's a pine note that popped through the florals... almost like... this is hard to put into words but for me this turned gender neutral instantly. It also reminds me of hand lotion; got me on why. I wish I knew the notes, because this is certainly nice.

Thanks to the lovely reedsong for throwing in a teensy bit of this scent when we swapped!

In the imp: very perfumey floral scent - like, commercial expensive perfume.

On me, wet: oho, gardenia flaring up, and then... the barest whisper of floral, like an aftertrace of something very expensive. And slightly soapy.

On me, dry: faint, but very clear airy light white florals over ozone and sweet.. brightness. Man, that's unhelpful as a description. Still like an expensive commercial scent, but a *good* one.

Verdict: I think the word that comes to mind when sniffing this is 'clarity'. This is pretty much exactly the kind of scent I would have worn before swapping a bunch of BPAL. Now, I'm not sure it's really my style any more, or that it's nihilistic, come to that, but it's very pretty.

Nihil is a very lovely floral. It's almost sweet in the way that jasmine is sweet. There's also a strong vein of classic perfume scent. It's not quite alcohol, but almost. There's an edge and sharpness to it. That part reminds me of two things: the dryness of Voodoo Queen, and there's also something about Nihil that reminds me of Zero.

Of all the perfumes in my collection, this is the one my grandmother liked best. It is, as everybody says, a strong floral, but what? If there is gardenia in this, it must be very well blended or some kind of gardenia I enjoy, like Indian Gardenia by the Body Shop. Otherwise, I couldn't like this. There's something satiny to this fragrance. Kind of a sandalwood backbone and the flowers I don't know what. It is truly beautiful, though. Department store-ish, but that's not a bad thing. I'm glad I have a bottle.

Sniffed: Amber-coloured oil. Soapy-powdery. Sweet pea, for sure, and I'd guess some type of lily and/or honeysuckle.

Wet: Similar, maybe with a sweet lemon/lime citrus note as well and some rose, on top of the soap/powder. I definitely think honeysuckle. Old ladyish. I do also get something weirdly, lightly minty/herbal that I can't place.

Dry: The rose has gone sort of sour...and the florals have gone SUPER powdery and soapy. Sweetening up in a weird way (and lime often does this on me).Actually, I get some of the floral(s) from Schlafende Baigneuse - I swear I think it has that yellow monkey-flower note.

Later: It's lost some of the sourness and powder/soap, too, so that it's much more bearable. I also get that 'tropical floral' people mentioned. I do think that some of the powder is amber, too.

Summary: Soapy-powdery, citrusy florals. Lemon blossom, rose, honeysuckle, sweet pea, yellow monkey-flower and maybe some amber. Better with time, but this is not my sort of scent. It's not obnoxiously floral, but I can't handle the powder. Good throw & longevity.

This kinda reminds me to the wet stage of June Gloom 2009 -- it's got the YELLOW flowers (I'm guessing lemon blossom, and some honeysuckle and sweet pea) and citrusy thing going on. Except it lingers and almost goes into the aftershave/men's cologne route. Kinda soapy.

ETA: Nihil v2, DD blend

This one definitely has jasmine. It's still a yellow flower perfume, but it stinks to jasmine to high heaven. Oddly enough, I think there's some honeysuckle in it as well, and it makes me think of Unseelie.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Sniffing the imp, mostly bright, floral notes.

Wet on skin, lemon blossom, some rose, and other floral notes. This does go a bit soapy on my skin, the longer it's on.

Dries down to citrus floral. It's still kind of soapy, but I confess that I do rather like this blend. I was frimped a testable sniffie and I wouldn't mind finding a bit more of this stuff.