Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Dragon's Blood

Powerful, commanding, blazing with strength.

I've tried a number of scents with Dragon's Blood in it, but testing what I assume to be the standard note used caught me a little off guard. I was expecting a much warmer and syrupy note, but I am mostly getting florals. It's kind of an old-fashioned scent to my nose that starts a little soapy, but ends up being a pleasant light scent. There is a bit of an almost cherry twang around the edges, but it doesn't make it smell medicinal. Nice enough to use up my imp.

A juicy, candy-floral dragon's blood. Not my favorite dragon's blood note - I prefer the smokier, dustier variety - but this is still full bottle worthy. A brighter, almost lemony DB that I would recommend to people who are wary of resins/incenses. A "clean boy" smell.

Frimp from my latest order.

Based on the description, I was not expecting floral but like so many others here I get LILAC. As soon as I put it on I was transported to my grandmother's backyard in the springs of my childhood. As it's wearing I'm getting tiny hints of cherry and a touch of spice. I normally don't like floral at all, but this one is lovely. I don't think I would order a bottle, but if I want to remember my grandma and my summers at her home, this will do it. 

2014 freebie, aged in temperature controlled conditions.

In the imp: Thick, cherry-like resin.

Wet: A musky, almost powdery cherrywood, resinous and generous with warm earthy-amber tones.

Dry: Sweet resin, with the memory of gloopy cherry. This lasts for ages, it was still going at the 10 hour mark, and has a decent throw. It's definitely a domineering and powerful scent - and I  don't not like it, but it's not something I'd wear every day. One of the few scents where I really would limit wearing it to ritual work only.

Stars: ★★★½