Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

What's the best coconut blend?

My favorite coconut scent that rarely gets mentioned in the "coconut" category is Snake Charmer. It's a discontinued scent, but you may be able to track down an imp or bottle.

The Lab's description...

Sensual, sibilant, sexual and hypnotic: Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.

I love coconut!

Obatala turns to sour milk on me, makes me sad. I love Elegba, though it's not super coconutty on me, and Red Lantern is amazing, but again not coconutty. I have Eden, Goblin, Brown Jenkins and Roses, Pearls and Diamonds on my "to try" list, and possibly Death Adder. Am I missing anything? Any new scents that are coconutty?

I love coconut!

Obatala turns to sour milk on me, makes me sad. I love Elegba, though it's not super coconutty on me, and Red Lantern is amazing, but again not coconutty. I have Eden, Goblin, Brown Jenkins and Roses, Pearls and Diamonds on my "to try" list, and possibly Death Adder. Am I missing anything? Any new scents that are coconutty?

Carnaval Diabolique is, on me, a smoky, lemony, coconutty floral. Since it has just become available again, you could try a decant :D

I love coconut!

Body, Remember is not especially new, but is really coconutty. Ivory Vulva is from this year and also fits the bill.

I love coconut!

Body, Remember is not especially new, but is really coconutty. Ivory Vulva is from this year and also fits the bill.

Pouring Strains of Sacred Song is from last December, and I get tons of coconut milk from it! I hope you get to try Eden and Goblin soon. They're two of my go-to scents. I second Body, Remember as a yummy blend as well.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, my list is growing, lol.

I really love a good "beachy" coconut, and am sad I missed the whole Tiki line!

I love coconut!

Lovers and a Fan is an amazing honey/coconut from this year's Lupers. And no Black Pearl on your list? My favorite GC which smells like amaretto/coconut.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, my list is growing, lol.

I really love a good "beachy" coconut, and am sad I missed the whole Tiki line!

You might be able to find some Tiki scents in the Swap/Sale area of the forum.

Beachy coconuts are especially good at this time of year, right? Sometimes I wear a coconutty perfume when I need to remember what a vacation smells like. ;)

I love coconut!

Lovers and a Fan is an amazing honey/coconut from this year's Lupers. And no Black Pearl on your list? My favorite GC which smells like amaretto/coconut.

I am pretty sure I have tried Black Pearl. Sadly, hazelnut turns wonky on me - like burnt plastic and fake cherry or something. It's bad. I may try it again though, it's been a number of years and maybe my chemistry is different.

I do like the sound of Carnival Diabolique though, I hadn't realized that has coconut in it. Sounds right up my alley.

It's tempting to think about tracking down some of the Tiki's, but I think I might be better off not getting addicted to something I can't easily get. Lol.

Adding Hidden Pearls into the mix—strong but balanced coconut on me, and the blend smells white and pale green. It's a really refreshing, pretty blend, but I would only recommend it to those who like iris and orris, as those notes are strongest (at least on my skin).

Adding Hidden Pearls into the mix—strong but balanced coconut on me, and the blend smells white and pale green. It's a really refreshing, pretty blend, but I would only recommend it to those who like iris and orris, as those notes are strongest (at least on my skin).

I almost snagged a decant of this (because coconut) but didn't due to iris/orris because those notes don't work on me. I still may get one to try.

Since my previous posts looking for the perfect coconut, I have actually found it! Here's my list of favourite coconut blends (I tracked down quite a few, thanks to these recs and others)

Paper Kite - by far the most pure, beachy coconut on me, without smelling like suntan lotion

Death Cap - who the heck would have thought that would end up smelling like coconut? But it does, on me at least. A really warm, nutty coconut. Very earthy.

Tiki King - a dark, sexy, musky coconut

Lovers and a Fan - This ends up being a very boozey smelling tropical coconut on me. Love it!

Body, Remember - a floral coconut on me, sweet and heady

Ivory Vulva - coconut cookies! On me at least. My "winter coconut"

Giljagaur - coconut cream and cinnamon, such a great combo! This is my "fall coconut"

Snow White (mine is 2015) - frozen coconut water and soft florals is what this smells like on me

I have a bottle of Snake Charmer on the way, and a sniffie of Death Adder, and I try everything with coconut that I can get my hands on. I may be a wee bit obsessed...

Has anyone pimped Tarot: The Star yet for coconut recs?

Or, Obatala? Pure coconut milk...

Also, Black Pearl, So Below, and Body, Remember are high on my list.

And, I just tried Harigata Two, very coconutty

For foody coconut, try to find some Spooky, it's delicious

I've seen most of these on the sales thread here

I second or third recommended Snake Charmer and Death Adder

Also, I get coconut from fresh Snow White

Hidden Pearls is like Black Pearl minus the hazelnut and add pear,yum. Mine is faint though.

Brown Jenkin and Blood Pearl have coconut but it's muted by the other notes, however I like both.

I don't smell any coconut in Perversion, but I love it!

Lovers and a Fan, definitely has coconut, but I'm not sure if the lemongrass is bearable, I'm hoping it mellows out with some aging.

Goblin has dry, husky coconut, but it's overpowered by the patchouli in my opinion, it's much better aged!

Shoggoth, is an odd coconut beast, who glows... phosphorescent!

Edited by sprout

Lizzie, I can't wait to hear what you think of Snake Charmer! It's one of my favorites. And you're reminding me to find Tiki King in my husband's BPAL drawer and re-test it...I bet it's aged magnificently!

Sprout, agree on Tarot, the Star and Spooky...they can be tough to find, but they're both wonderful.

Has anyone pimped Tarot: The Star yet for coconut recs?

Or, Obatala? Pure coconut milk...

Also, Black Pearl, So Below, and Body, Remember are high on my list.

And, I just tried Harigata Two, very coconutty

For foody coconut, try to find some Spooky, it's delicious

I've seen most of these on the sales thread here

I second or third recommended Snake Charmer and Death Adder

Also, I get coconut from fresh Snow White

Hidden Pearls is like Black Pearl minus the hazelnut and add pear,yum. Mine is faint though.

Brown Jenkin and Blood Pearl have coconut but it's muted by the other notes, however I like both.

I don't smell any coconut in Perversion, but I love it!

Lovers and a Fan, definitely has coconut, but I'm not sure if the lemongrass is bearable, I'm hoping it mellows out with some aging.

Goblin has dry, husky coconut, but it's overpowered by the patchouli in my opinion, it's much better aged!

Shoggoth, is an odd coconut beast, who glows... phosphorescent!

I think you mean Startled Toad. Lovers and a Fan is the saffron coconut one. I love Lovers and a Fan and my decant of Startled Toad was much better with a little age.

Lizzie, I can't wait to hear what you think of Snake Charmer! It's one of my favorites. And you're reminding me to find Tiki King in my husband's BPAL drawer and re-test it...I bet it's aged magnificently!

Sprout, agree on Tarot, the Star and Spooky...they can be tough to find, but they're both wonderful.

I can't wait either! I've been dying to try it, it took me a while to hunt some down. When it was originally released I had such different tastes, I totally turned my nose up at it.

Also, how did I forget about Spooky? I have the original, and I adore it. Boozey coconut and mint, so yummy and refreshing in the summer.

I had kind of forgotten about Shoggoth too, it's on my "do a full day test and possibly get a bottle for summer" list.

You should dig up that Tiki King, it is SEXAY if you ask me! I bet it smells great on a man too, but it's not so masculine that I can't wear it.

I recently tested a decant of Aphrogenes (a 2011 Luper) I got as a frimp, and I found it to be a really nice, light coconut that wasn't very tropical smelling. The overall scent was very springy and white to light pink in color associations to me. It kind of reminds me of Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom in the imp and wet, but that stage doesn't really last.

I had hoped Roses, Pearls and Diamonds would be a lovely coconut and rose on me (two of my fave notes!) but no such luck. The coconut in it is never present on me.

But I recently acquired The Raptures and Roses of Vice, and it IS an amazing coconut rose combo, with some musk thrown in for added sexiness. I don't hear it mentioned much for coconut recs, but it's really nice.

I'm almost done with my bottle of Body, Remember and I rarely see it pop up on the sale page. Does any one have a suggestion for a similar coconut replacement? I liked the black coconut note from Tiki King, too - also hard to find. On me, Body, Remember is strongly black coconut, slightly musky, and sweet. So, any recommendations for a good sweet black coconut?

I'm almost done with my bottle of Body, Remember and I rarely see it pop up on the sale page. Does any one have a suggestion for a similar coconut replacement? I liked the black coconut note from Tiki King, too - also hard to find. On me, Body, Remember is strongly black coconut, slightly musky, and sweet. So, any recommendations for a good sweet black coconut?

For a GC how about Goblin? That's got Black coconut, gnarly patchouli, and sweet benzoin. And it's a very sweet dark coconut blend on me.

Is the patchouli very strong? The "gnarly patchouli" has always made me steer clear of Goblin.

Though, as a GC it's going to go on my try list.

Is the patchouli very strong? The "gnarly patchouli" has always made me steer clear of Goblin.

I think it's balanced between the notes. Although with my skin chemistry I can end up with a sweet benzoin coconut and a hint of patch. (That said I like most BPAL patchoulis, so long as it's not the dominating note)

I think it's balanced between the notes. Although with my skin chemistry I can end up with a sweet benzoin coconut and a hint of patch. (That said I like most BPAL patchoulis, so long as it's not the dominating note)

Awesome! I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks!

I had hoped Roses, Pearls and Diamonds would be a lovely coconut and rose on me (two of my fave notes!) but no such luck. The coconut in it is never present on me.

But I recently acquired The Raptures and Roses of Vice, and it IS an amazing coconut rose combo, with some musk thrown in for added sexiness. I don't hear it mentioned much for coconut recs, but it's really nice.

It seems like no one's mentioned The Bear Prince, but I swear I picked up coconut on me when I tested it, and that was before knowing Snow White had coconut in it. Perhaps the "shaggy fur" is a reference to coconut? I dunno, but I got a dash of coconut with my roses. :)

Also, I LOVE Goblin, but I also love patchouli. It makes me think of a slightly dirty fairy child eating macaroons - if that's any help. X-P. I'd say it also has a toasty vibe.

Edited by VetchVesper