Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ShadowAngel

Turn around time

Hi Jane1me!

This question would be best asked in this thread, which is specifically for questions about BPAL, rather than questions about the forum itself.

As portalkat already mentioned, you have nothing to worry about. :P The Lab is currently shipping out orders from early June, so your June 27th order is still in process. Here’s the Click-n-Ship thread , where you can see which orders (and from what date ranges) the Lab is currently shipping.

Hope this helps!

Okay, so I've been wondering....

Does the lab process orders in the same order in which they were received? Or do they batch them by location (or some other scheme)? I know they do int'l orders in chunks, that's apparent from the CnS's....but do they do that for orders in the States, too?

The reason I ask--I feel like no matter when I order (minutes after an update, or many hours later at night), I always get my CnS about a week after the notices start for that order date. Or am I just impatient and crazy? (<--this is entirely likely!)

The Lab processes orders in a roughly chronological queue, however things speed up or slow down depending on what you ordered. I've never worked at the Lab, so I don't know all the ins and outs, but the way I understand it is, basically, if everything you ordered is on hand and doesn't need a new batch blended or bottles filled, it gets filled quicker because it doesn't have to wait, a Labbie can just grab everything and stick it in a box. There's no way to control this or speed up your orders.

That makes sense. The location sorting would've explained that, but I guess so does component issues. Lord knows I'm not trying to have the lab change their ways or speed up just my orders. :P I was just curious cuz there was so little time between the CnS's of my camp-out-for-the-update-order and a friends wait-until-much-later-that-day-order. Kinda makes it seem like my camping out didn't help my order time, but of course, the campouts are so exciting they're kinda payoff in and of themselves.

Hello all you lovely helpful people...

I'm gonna place my first order on the 22nd of Dec, now, I know this is way close to Xmas and don't expect a fast turn around, to add to that I'm in the U.K eek!

Will it still be around 2 months or am I looking at waaaaay longer do you think?

Sorry if it's been asked before! :P

x x

I'm gonna place my first order on the 22nd of Dec, now, I know this is way close to Xmas and don't expect a fast turn around, to add to that I'm in the U.K eek!

Will it still be around 2 months or am I looking at waaaaay longer do you think?

x x

Some of your UK cohorts can probably answer more specifically as to what specific wait times have been like lately, but generally, I would guess that an order placed late this month would likely be in your hands by early February.

Of course, as you can probably guess if you read through this thread, a lot can depend on other factors, such as whether there is a component issue with anything that you order, whether there is an update around the same time (Beth's been making some noise about squeezing another installment of the Carnaval in before the end of the year, so a crush of orders around the same date tends to slow things down by a week or so...but I wouldn't guess that absent some bizarre curcumstance you would be looking at more than 4-8 weeks.

But that's all unofficial like. :D

x x

Some of your UK cohorts can probably answer more specifically as to what specific wait times have been like lately, but generally, I would guess that an order placed late this month would likely be in your hands by early February.

Of course, as you can probably guess if you read through this thread, a lot can depend on other factors, such as whether there is a component issue with anything that you order, whether there is an update around the same time (Beth's been making some noise about squeezing another installment of the Carnaval in before the end of the year, so a crush of orders around the same date tends to slow things down by a week or so...but I wouldn't guess that absent some bizarre curcumstance you would be looking at more than 4-8 weeks.

But that's all unofficial like. :D

Thank you very much! Oooh it's my first order, way excited! I'll just try to forget about them (if that's possible) and get a nice surprise when they arrive!

Orders lately for me have been taking about a month to 5 weeks after order date to get a CnS. Then there's another week added for shipping. So roughly 6 weeks or so between order and receive.

Watching the IGMO thread I've noticed that shipping to the UK is about 3-4 days faster than it is to here.... oddly enough (or maybe not so oddly considering the military is put in charge of it about halfway through the system :P ).

So, my rough guesstimation for your order would be first week of Feb... barring any component issues or update delays as embezel pointed out).

I thought I might be some help here, since I'm also a UK BPALler (fairly new and currently awaiting second order with baited breath).

So, I placed my first lab order on the 7th of November.

I got the C 'n' S notification email on the 21st November, which said that the order had been shipped on the 17th of November. Ten days from order to shipping made me absolutely ecstatic, given everything I'd heard on the forum LOL.

It actually arrived on Tuesday the 28th of November, although my friend, also in the UK, who ordered hers on the same date, and got exactly the same C 'n' S on the same date as I got mine, recieved hers on Friday the 24th of November.

So, you know, four days difference just from the UK postal system there.

BUT about three weeks from order to arrival, for me, and slightly over two weeks for my friend.

I would think that given the fact that there's just been a big update, and there's going to be a Carnaval Update in a few days, and Yule and all, that things will be a bit slower if you order on the 22nd December. But I wouldn't necessarily give up hope of getting your order before the end of January.

OK now I'm seriously excited!!! Thanks all of ya! Erm, this click n ship thing, does it appear in your private messages? Or have I got that wrong....

Roll on payday! Hurry hurry hurry! :P

OK now I'm seriously excited!!! Thanks all of ya! Erm, this click n ship thing, does it appear in your private messages? Or have I got that wrong....

Roll on payday! Hurry hurry hurry! :P

Click and ships are sent to the email address you entered when you paid.

Since this forum is technically independent of the lab, any information regarding your order won't be sent to your forum account, but whatever email address you supply the lab with when you order/enquire.

:D

Ahh I see...... OK Thanks guys, All questions answered! I just wanna order now! I've got that first order feeling it's so exciting!

I'm getting

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo 5ml

Scherezade 5ml

Aeval 5ml

Snake Oil 5ml

Heee just thought I'd share!

Thanks again

:P

I have a question. I just got two CnS this weekend. The thing is that I've only got one order in with the lab that's old enough to be processing.

I've got a Wolf moon order in, but they couldn't be sending THAT out this fast...could they?

Or did someone just hit the button twice?

Check the order numbers.... :P It'll tell you which ones go with which order.

I use CCNow and get an order number in my email inbox... the same number is always on my CnS notice.

When you use a Paypal account, it sends you a confirmation email almost as soon as you hit the final OK button, right? I checked through my old "The order was shipped today" emails, which we in the Internationals refer to as CnS even though they aren't. and usually they are in reply to the email that the lab also receives telling them that I have just sent them money with Paypal. Since the specifics of my order are in the comments field, I can tell from the email they are replying to what order they are talking about.

However, once I got a "CnS" without anything it was replying to. Ten days later I received two orders at once, that were placed a month apart.

I placed my order on the 24th of November by sending a money order. When should it show up? I'm getting a bit impatient.

I would go ahead and contact Sara in customer service. Here is the email address. What address did you use as a mailing address?

This is the address I used:

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

1954 Hillhurst Ave Ste 10

Los Angeles, CA 90027

Is it the wrong one?

well, i know that's the mailing address listed on the website, but that's not the address that has been given for recent will call/brick and mortar events. they could just have separate mailing and street addresses, but...

i would definitely email the lab at answers @ blackphoenixalchemylab.com. i have only heard good things about the lab's customer service. they will be really nice and will help you work out what happened and how to fix it. and, i believe that you can cancel money orders if they haven't been cashed. good luck!

Mail to the Hillhurst Ave. address should get to the Lab, even though it isn't their current brick and mortar address - they still use it for Trading Post activity and such. I would definitely e-mail Sara in customer service, giving her as much information as possible about your order. I know she will do her best to get to the bottom of it!

Hi, newbie here. Just placed my first order - I'm wondering what the current turn around is, that is from order to shipping - my husband is in the States so will send them on to me from there!

So excited!

Edited by mamapie

It looks like orders from the latter part of February are shipping now. The Click'n'Ship and I Got My Order threads (pinned in BPAL Chatter) are good places to lurk to monitor turnaround. :P