Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

...This is the scent of autumn night, fires in the distance, with a touch of boozy swoon, playful sugar and thuggish musk.

I took a gamble on this bottle because I'd heard that previous years were very split on whether peope found it to be a hit or a miss. BUT, I really loved the idea of these notes together, and I love the idea of Devil's Night, so I put it in my cart. I'm really happy that I did. The 2016 Devil's Night is lovely-- one of my favorites from this year. It's not overly sweet. It's smoky, resin-y, smooth, fresh (but not green). A woody oriental with low throw, but when you do catch a sniff, it smells like Halloween.

2005 Version. Whoa, on application this is pure bonfire smoke and cinnamon! It reminds me only a biiiiit of Krampus.
This has more of a berry-freshness to it with that musk smoothening it out on drydown. The cinnamon nearly dies down alltogether, aw. Not getting much booze from this myself! :c

So far I have three different years of this one: ‘09, ‘11, and ‘16. ‘09 is boozy and cinnamony, on the foody side of the spectrum. ‘11 is green and sharp, all autum winds and smoke on the hotizon. ‘16 is like these two prior years fell in love and had a magical unicorn love child. It’s so beautiful it hurts. I need to finish collecting the other years so I can compare them all but this is hands down my favorite Weenie and it’s in my top five Bpal list.

I’ve got a bottle of Devil’s Night 2009 and a decant of 2011.

~2009 is a cinnamon-y musk, that gets boozied up and spiced down on the drydown. It’s got some sweetness, and I could imagine something like a touch of leather in it. This could be those bonfires... yes, now I’m sure it’s smoke. 
~2011 begins with some dead leaves and a candy sweet booze, it dries down to more of a sugary musk with a splash of beer. None of the smokiness I get from 2009.

I’m glad my bottle is of 2009, as it works better on me.

Both of them give off the sexy aloof vibe to me, and I like wearing it at night when I’m feeling a bit rebellious or metal :wwolf:haha. Or when I want something sexy, yet subtle. It does fit cool weather and Halloween vibe more than any other season. 
I’m hoping to try 2016 sometime, as it sounds delicious! 

Edited by artisjok

On 3/20/2020 at 11:46 PM, artisjok said:

Both of them give off the sexy aloof vibe to me, and I like wearing it at night when I’m feeling a bit rebellious or metal :wwolf:haha. Or when I want something sexy, yet subtle. It does fit cool weather and Halloween vibe more than any other season. 
I’m hoping to try 2016 sometime, as it sounds delicious! 

Yes yes yes, a thousand times yes to feeling metal.

2009 straight out the gate we get boozy cinnamon, drying to picture perfect cinnamon spice in your witch's cupboard. Final drydown the sweetness of the cinnamon dies off and I'm left with not much more than a patchouli like frag, wet paper, and dry cinnamon. My skin doesn't like this sadly.

2016 straight out the cemetery gates (feeling metal already, if you know what I mean) is cedar casket with a bit of cream. Drydown is like a bit of dry tobacco more than anything. Similar to Antikythera oddly enough. A bit linear but okay.

This review is for the 2006 version!

I swear I'm getting sweet apples from this even though it's not in the notes. It's faint though. It reminds me of a lighter dead leaves with more smoke and woods. I don't really get booze from this, it's all musky woodsy smoky sweet apples.

So strange. Don't hate it, but I think this would get better use for layering.

Im so sad I didn’t get any smoky notes come through for me. I got the sugary, boozy smells. But on application it just didn’t sit right