Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chin

Lilac!

Adding another recommendation for Marcilla. It's more citrus to me to begin, but once it's settled in it's a really lovely lilac scent!

My own notes about Ashlultum say "dirty perfume" -- the musk completely overpowered any hint of lilac for me. Body chemistry is a mysterious thing! B)

I just resniffed White Moon after reading this thread. Yup! I get lilac now. *takes it OFF the swap pile* keeping that.

Another lilac lover who has yet to meet her match. I do worship Ouija and Dragon's Eye but they just do not bloom on my skin. Alas!

Well, I don't smell any lilac in Ouija at all, it's all rosewood and white rose...

As for WhiteChapel, I smell some of it in the wet stages, but it fades behind the white musk...(((

Eros doesn't smell like lilac at all, it's pure acrid ti leaf..

It took me some time to find my true lilac loves, too. It wasn't until I tried Ashultum that I really had a scent with the kind of fat, sweet, fresh pinky-purple lilac blossoms that I wanted. It's not the only note in Ashultum, but the lilac is pretty strong, and it's definitely one that I go to for lilac scent.

Luckily, since then, I also discovered Marcilla, which is also great and lilac--more blue and "fresh," for lack of a better word, than Ashultum, but still fairly lilac-y--and also Viola, which is hands-down the best GC lilac note that I've smelled. I know the note list on Viola makes it look like a kitchen sink blend, but the lilac is seriously dominant, and it's beautiful. It reminds me of my mother's lilac bushes. :wub2:

Edited by Bluestocking

Bumping to see if there's any more recs for the most elusive note of them all: the lilac! (at least for me)

I have yet to find my lilac scent! Right now I am on the look out for a bottle of Ville-Marie, though - sooo we'll have to see!

Edited by Alexanne

My results seem to be a bit at odds with others in this thread, but eh. I get a lot of lilac out of Cordelia, which is the best lilac scent I've tried (it's lovely in sweltering weather because I feel as though I am in a cloud of lilac!). A bit in Needlework and Pontarlier. Undetectable in Veil, Viola, and Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree.

I'll throw in my recommendation for Cordelia as well; it's a very lovely and feminine lilac; Lysander is a nice lilac too; while it's more masculine than Cordelia, it's still very wearable and gender-neutral. Lady Amalthea is supposed to have a beautiful lilac note too, but I have yet to try it.

Hey all,

I ordered two imps about a week ago and reading the forums here I think I picked well. I started with a huge list and narrowed it down to Shattered and Nocturne.

Shattered had to win because I am in love with grapefruit, I haven't tried it in perfume but it worked almost magically in lotion on my skin. The next one I ordered was Nocturne because I saw the lilac scent on the list, I'm worried that it might be too voilet-y. I have lilac bushes and hyacinth flowers by my yard, and its such a pretty smell I was wondering if BPAL had any scents that were close to that.

I tried a pheromone perfume, and on my skin it tends to smells like when soaps try to create the smell of the ocean, very floral and misty and a little salt.

Honestly, I'm open to any suggestions. I'm an actress and most people tell me that I look like the mysterious woman sitting at the end of the bar (1920-1940s type)it's prolly the dark hair and red lipstick. But I love scents that are alluring and a little mysterious, but I don't want something super heavy. I used to love CK's In2u, but it is discontinued, I have Armani Code's orchid smelling perfume, and Amy Brown's (perfume) Moon Sprite, which is beautiful but after a while tends to smell bitter in my nose. I had a similar problem with clinique's happy, but it was just a little too citrus.

Any help and suggestions would be awesome.

Some of the list that I gravitated to were: Sidhee, fey, poisoned apple, shattered, nocturne, queen of hearts, red queen and cheshire cat.

Thanks for any help given :D

-Nyx

Edited by Nyxcyde

Okay, I haven't tried these, but in the Limited Edition --> Last Unicorn series, you might like The Lilac Wood, The Last Unicorn, and Lady Amalthea. :) The first one especially seems to be heavy on the lilac...again though I haven't tried them. I'd search "Bpal [scent Name Here]" on Google and then click the link for BPAL Madness so you can read reviews. Good luck!

thanks! I'd really like that, I'll do a little bit of research on that now as well.

Ironically I was tickled pink when I saw that there was a Last Unicorn page. My friend of six years, and possibly prince of all darkness, is a huge horror movie and metal fan (I like horror movies but he owns over 400). Well one day while looking through one of the many, I see a dvd of, what else, the last unicorn. :)

The Lilac Wood, definitely, it's so spot-on the scent of a lilac bush it's uncanny. Penis Admiration also has a great lilac note. It's a LE but I've often seen bottles around for sale or swap. Bensiabel (Plum juice, lilac, leather, and a smattering of herbs) is another one I'd rec for the lilac note.

I can vouch for the lilac in Lady Almathea- it's a very pretty scent, and to me, it does have that kind of mysterious vibe you're looking for. You might want to try Cordelia or Lysander in the Illyria section too for lilac notes. I know Cordelia has plenty of lilac and is one of my favorites, although it's more quietly pretty than alluring. I've heard Lysander is similar to it, but its other notes seem a little darker, which might be more up your alley.

I don't know how hard it would be to find on the forum... but my go to lilac scent is Needlework from Lupercalia.

Oolong tea, lilac, sheer musk, crushed ginger, wisteria, delphinium, and lavender.