Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vicious Mistress

Looking for scents that smell like chai

Please tell me there's something here at bpal that smells like a hot cup of chai! :P Someone brought up a perfume that smells like sugared lemons and oriental spices to me, and that brought up chai.

Just think--something that smells like warm vanilla cream with underlying notes of orange peel, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and a little black tea. I would lick that off of myself.

Is there anything like that here?

Possibly Seraglio? Its orange peel, almond, clove, etc. There has to be a scent to give you what you want...

hmmm

Oh you would love Eclipse me thinks...

*possibly* Old Morrocco but I havent sniffed it yet, someone who has might know for sure.

Eclipse was in my first order, and I added Old Morocco to my second order. Hopefully I will love them! But I'd really love to smell like chai.

I'm sure you've had it before. It's my favorite cold-weather drink and it's just the incensy-spicy-sweet smell I would love to have.

Hunger has the vanilla and the orange peel, but not the other stuff. I wonder if you could layer it with Seraglio or if they'd fight... hmm, I have both of those scents, I should try it. :D I'm not sure the Lab has any scents that contain black tea... there are a few with green or white tea, but I don't remember seeing one with black.

I'll report on the Hunger/Seraglio experiment. :P

Well, I've just come to the stunning realisation that I've never actually had a good cup of chai... :P just the stuff from Starbucks, which I wasn't terribly impressed with.

So I don't know how helpful I can be about the scent, but I can tell you Hunger and Seraglio smell hellagood together, very creamy-sweet, somewhat foody-spicy, and surprisingly, Hunger's orange and Seraglio's rose aren't clashing. I actually can't smell the rose at all, which is weird, because after the almond fades that's usually Seraglio's topnote. They both seem to be toning each other down so I don't feel like I've spilled almond extract all over me (from Seraglio) and I don't feel like I'm sitting inside a vanilla candle (from Hunger) - it's melded into one delicious sweet/spicy scent with just enough vanilla.

Granted, they haven't had a whole lot of time to dry and develop yet, but the first few minutes are very promising. :D

That sounds yummy, but I'm wondering if it's what I want. I'm really not good with making up fragrances. I just look for what I want and throw it all together and see what happens. :D

You don't know what you're missing if you've never had a good cup of homemade chai. :P It makes the whole house smell of steamed cinnamon, marjoram, and cloves, with a dash of nutmeg and black pepper. Then you mix it half and half with some whole milk, add a teaspoon or so of sugar (not too sweet!) and enjoy on a chilly morning in the sunroom with your toes tucked in your slippers and an afghan wrapped around you. :D

Edited by Vicious Mistress

Going on description alone, maybe Wrath would suit?

A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

I love Lush Chai and Dragon's Milk always reminds me of it, I can only assume it is the Dragon's Blood Resin.

Edited because chartreuse was severe!!

Edited by allamanda

Old Morocco goes fairly chai-like on me.

Wrath doesn't (though it's yummy anyhow)

Sereglio didn't smell like chai at all to me.

I have never smelled Dragon's Blood. What does it smell like?

I haven't smelt it by itself, but in Dragon's Milk it smells light, sweet and spicy to me. Not sugar-sweet, more light fruit-sweet if that makes any sense.

Seraglio with Three Witches to amp up the spice?

Dragon's Milk + Three Witches!!!!!????

now I knew I wanted these three, but after this I am REALLY looking forward to getting them -- I adore chai!

i have tried a lot of the cinnamon/spicy scents, and none of them smell like chai...

i love chai tea myself and would absolutely adore having a chai tea scent made! :P

as far as scents the lab does have though, i think you would appreciate sin. it has a lighter warm cinnamon wafting scent. very yummy.

+i just mixed scherezade, dragon's heart and snake oil, and it smells heavenly too

Well, I've just come to the stunning realisation that I've never actually had a good cup of chai... :P just the stuff from Starbucks, which I wasn't terribly impressed with.

I *hate* Starbucks chai. It's watery and too sweet! Barnes & Noble's isn't right either. From retail locations, the better cups of chai I've had have come from the cafe inside Border's bookstores (very milky and smells like Christmas. :D) or in PJ's coffeehouses (a new orleans based chain. we don't have them here in OK and I think the only PJ's there is in Georgia is in Augusta).

Borders does have the best. :P

The Tazo Vanilla Chai concentrate is really good too, when mixed with whole milk. :D I'm addicted to the stuff and buy it rarely so I can get some sleep!

Yup, there's definitely a PJ's here and I know exactly where it is. Maybe I'll take myself out for coffee tomorrow on my weekend. :P

Thanks for the rec, SV! *end of hijack*

I know of a company who makes a Chai tea scent. It's called Ceylon. I don't want to post the name of the company on here, cuz I don't think it would be right, but if you really want to know, you can PM me. I can't think any of Beth's to recommend. However, I use Lush's Chai shower gel and I love it. It's a love or hate scent though. It's great for sore muscles after a hard workout!!

MMU has a chai scent, too, but I've only gotten it scented in one of their hand lotions. It's nice and spicy, and I kind of like it more than Lush's Chai.

I like the chai at my school's coffeeshop, and I liked the Masala Chai at Tealuxe when I was in Boston, but alas, no Tealuxes outside of Boston and RI! :P

Hi-

New to this forum, but I have a suggestion for chai tea scents. I know of an etailer that sells scents called "black tea" and "spicy vanilla chai," both of which sound like what you're looking for. As lorajc commented, I also don't feel right posting the name of the company here. But I have it if you want to PM me.

P.S. Am going to post on the Introductions thread too, but wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm yet another newbie, waiting for my first BPAl order. And waiting VERY impatiently I must say! :P

Morocco is creamy clean spice on me, but not chai-like.

One (at least one, but I think there were more) of the reviews of Whippoorwill said it smelled like chai. That made me order a bottle. Haven't gotten it yet, though.

I have been looking for a chai scent for YEARS and never found one that I liked. Bummer.

Edited by Electra

Whippoorwill, The Lion and Silk Road all have chai-like elements to them, in my opinion.

None of them are a perfect hit however. I'm half tempted to see how Silk Road and Milk Moon mix, when I get the later bottle.

I have been looking for a chai scent for YEARS and never found one that I liked.  Bummer.

Ava-Luxe's The Noir is a heavily spiced black tea (and wonderful! :P) but I'm hoping to find something sweeter and creamier.