Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kmasden

Aunt Caroline's Money Bag

Keeps you from spending money unwisely, making foolish investments, and wasting your hard earned cash.

I am so confused between "aunt caroline's mojo," "aunt caroline's money draw," and "aunt carolines money bag." I was at black broom the other day and picked this up as it seems to get asked for a lot. It's called "aunt caroline's money bag" and is a black broom exclusive.

I'm not getting orange, but definately hot spice, cloves, cinnamon etc...I really like it, but would like to know what the difference is between these three..or at very least between "money draw" and "money bag."

Anyone?

[added description ~qs] Edited by Shollin

I was vending this past weekend at C11, ironically right next to the BPAL booth. I had gotten a bottle of this from Black Broom a week or so previous, but it's been relabeled Aunt Caroline's Money Bag. Anyways, I was wearing it on both days of vending, and I more than doubled my profits from any previous convergence I had vended at. I hadn't had time to dress a candle with it before leaving, but even just by wearing it I was very impressed.

As an added bonus it smells really yummy, unless you spill it all over your sweater and can still smell it there 3 days later while you're wearing Cabaret. :P

Origins - part of the TAL circular swap

Wet - there are definitely some note similiarities to Money Draw, but Money Bag appears to be sweeter, juicied and spicier. As a frangrance it is the nicest of the two.

Dry - Once again cinnamon takes prominence here and there is fruit, possibly orange as well. But this smells juicier and the root note isn't noticable. It's much spicier than Money Draw, I think perhaps there is some clove in here to keep the cinnamon company.

This is an oil I really need to use, because I often spend money unwisely.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3. (Scent only))

Definatly whats been said above, sweet orange and clove with a bit of cinnamon in there as well. All of the magical blends from Beth that I have tried do work. I find that I spend less money on things that I don't need more of and more on things that will help me gain more money. And I smell really good too!

Bottle (Imp): It smells like sweet money. No really, like money that has had something sweet spilled on it.

Just On: Wow. It really does smell like money with something sweet spilled on it.

An hour or two later: Hmm, it gets a tad sharper. Not in a bad way.

Around 6 hours: Okay, I think I smell cinnamon.

12 hours: Now there's just a hint of the money smell left.

Overall: This smells like it would work. I bet it works fabulously.

After reading other reviews: This is a keeper, and I'm thinking of getting a bottle somehow. I can see this as being an excellent blend in our household.

Aunt Caroline's Money Bag

Courtesy of the TAL circular swap.

In the imp: cinnamon orange. Very similar to Money Draw, but more orange than cinnamon.

Wet on skin: sweet, candy-like orange and cinnamon, mmm, smells like Christmas! This is very yummy!

Dry on skin: now the fruity note has strengthened a bit more. It's not a tart orange, it's very sweet, sugary, like sherbet powder, it even has a hint of something chocolatey. And the cinnamon adds a nice festive twist to it. Whilst Draw was all about dry spice which had a slight savoury or curry like aspect to it, Bag is fruitier and much sweeter. This scent makes me smile.

After a while: the scent becomes drier and dustier, the cinnamon bark coming through more, without losing that sweet sherbet orange scent. Yum!

Verdict: this is so delicious and festive smelling! It smells of sweet candied orange and cinnamon…it makes me think of Christmas and it feels very positive and effervescent. It bears a definite similarity to Draw, but is more fruity and sweet. It smells so yummy and zingy and makes me smile. As for it's effects…I'm not sure yet, but one thing is for sure, I would love some more of this, because of the smell, and maybe to help curb my sometimes obsessive spending! (Not sure it'll stop me buying BPAL though!!!!!!!)

Aunt Caroline's Money Bag smells like a fragrant orange pomander, well-seasoned and freshly prepared. It's very sweet.

(Disclaimer: This review was written in a circular swap, so I did not use the oil for ritual purposes. I can only report here on its scent. I believe this is valuable information so people know if they will find the oil physically/aesthetically uncomfortable when they use it for its intended purpose, BUT I do not believe TAL oils should be used as simple perfume. )

This was part of my alchemylab auction winnings on Live Journal.

In the Bottle: I get a combination of spices and citrus.

Wet: It's an orange full of cloves! I'm wearing an orange full of cloves! :P Then some darker element comes into play...is that chocolate?

Drydown: Ah, cinnamon emerges. And then sort of takes over.

Verdict: It's definitely not a scent I'd wear normally, but I wonder about its ritualistic purposes and if I can learn to use it properly.

Cinnamon, clove, and a touch of something citrusy perhaps, this was, as noted, a bit sweeter to me scent-wise than Money Draw. Functionally it worked pretty well though I think I had better results with Money Draw - potentially because the distinction between the two isn't clear to me. Gorgeous smell and effective. Nummy.

Part of TAL Curcular Swap -

I didn't really try this one for purpose, although I did try it out during a time when I was hoping to get some news about a new job, but it did not seem to bring me any luck with that. I wouldn't take that as an actual review on purposeful intent, however.

As to scent, I had a very hard time placing a scent on this, and did not get orange, which is too bad, as I would have liked that. Basically, I got an herbal scent, which is smilar to a lot of the harbal bases for the TALs, which is not unpleasant to my nose and which I would not mind working with.

Scent: There is a sweet, tangy floral in there. It's juicy but not fruity. I also detect a hint of cinnamon and possibly clove.

Use: I always dress a candle with this whenever I find that I am spending way too much money. For me, it's a stop-the-bleeding-budget sort of oil, which comes at things from a different perspective than some of the other fortune and prosperity blends. :P

delicious spice, without being over powering or making me worry i'll get a rash. and yes, there *is* a feeling of not wanting to spend money freely, which is SO important for me.

i feel good about this purchase, both for it's scent and also for it's intent and purpose.

:P

Pretty orange spice! Definite clove in there. A few minutes in I can only smell the clove. Then it fades to almost nothing.

In bottle: When I was little there were these cinnamon red licorice gummy coins we could get at the penny candy store run by two nice little old ladies in my neighborhood. This smells like those, with a rough herbal undertone. Wet: More spicy incense, roots and earthy herbs, relatively less cinnamon red gummy licorice coins, though that is still there. Dry: Mostly cinnamon with a hint of spicy incense.

The scent on this is fabulous. Cinnamon, spicy, and a bit of orange. LOVE it!

I was pretty amazed at how it worked though - I put just a bit on the backs of my hands, with the intent of, well, what it does - stop buying so much crap that I don't need all the time (also wanted to test the scent). A few days later, I was playing on the internet, and as I often do when I've been a bit drinky, started looking for crap to buy.

I went to all my usual sites, even looked at my wishlists and stuff I'd bookmarked to buy later. I couldn't buy ANY of it. I just had no desire to actually buy anything. It was still fun to look at, but I just didn't want to buy it.

So in my opinion? YES. This stuff WORKS. So glad I bought a bottle of it!