Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ebonykawai

how long are LE scents available??

OK, getting paranoid here. I can't access the website from work (though I can get on the forum) because our stupid IT team blocks it (it's labeled as a cult ~ AHAHAHAHA!!!!)

Anyway, is there a chance I'd miss being able to purchase Beltane? Do limited editions sell out in less than 12-24 hours? Or is it more like a couple days?

*biting fingernails*

Anyway, is there a chance I'd miss being able to purchase Beltane? Do limited editions sell out in less than 12-24 hours? Or is it more like a couple days?

*biting fingernails*

The site has not yet been updated, so you (and your fingernails!) have no cause for concern. :P

Yes, but I was wondering, if perchance it is updated while I am at work and unable to access it, do limited editions sell out so quickly that there would be a chance of my missing it? Or do they generally take more than an 8-hour workday to sell out? That's my concern: not being able to access the site from work and missing the opportunity.

Thanks for any insight!

In my experience, which has only been with the Winter scents so far, it was a matter of weeks, rather than days. However, it seems that BPAL business is up, so perhaps it won't take as long this time...(I suppose this is really a question for Elizabeth and Brian to answer, now that I think about it.)

Thank goodness! I could just see myself going in to work, hum-dee-dum-dee-dum, then getting home and checking the website just in time to see "Sorry, we're all sold out"!!!

YIKES!

:P

Uh oh, this might be turning into one of those "unfounded rumor" threads - you know, like the one speculating that BPAL was about to close down :P ? My sense is that none of us forum frequenters need to worry about not being able to order Limited Editions. I'm sure there'll be something posted here within hours of the BPAL site update, so if we just check this board frequently, we'll find out about it in a timely manner. I think if we order soon after the site updates, there'll be no probem. (Though, again, I'm only speculating :D .)

because our stupid IT team blocks it (it's labeled as a cult ~ AHAHAHAHA!!!!)

oh, how fun! i've never been part of a cult before, unless you count the roman catholic church (with apologies to any catholic forumites, just my own experience)

OK I went into the archives of BPAL's announcement LJ, so these aren't just speculations.

The Yule LE scents were announced on Nov. 17th, Midwinter's Eve was sold out by Friday Nov 28 (so basically a week and a half later), and Snow White & Rose Red were sold out by Dec. 5 (2.5 weeks).

I'm not sure when Yuletide & Gingerbread Poppet sold out, but I think there were still bottles left even after the new year.

So yes LE scents go out fast, but I don't think there's a need to panic about it, particularly if you're a fellow forum stalker. :P For the Imbolc update, Elizabeth posted everything she put down on the update page as soon as she had updated the site, so if you're already a forum addict getting your fix several times a day (LOL or at least daily), you need not worry about not hearing about when the LE scent has arrived. Though I'd hazard a guess to say, it won't be until May 1 at least.

...if you're already a forum addict getting your fix several times a day (LOL or at least daily), you need not worry about not hearing about when the LE scent has arrived.  Though I'd hazard a guess to say, it won't be until May 1 at least.

May 1st, huh? Hmmm...I may have to squeeze in a little order in the meantime :P , to tide me over, you see.

Re: how long it took for Gingerbread Poppet to sell out - it definitely did NOT sell out until after the new year. This isn't speculation either, because I ordered some myself on January 11. I noticed it was up on the website for awhile after that as well.

Heehee! I'm glad someone else asked about this ... I was a litle worried myself! I'm so desperately wanting to try Beltane ... and I don't even know what it'll smell like yet!

(Can you say .. junkie!?)

May 1st, huh? Hmmm...I may have to squeeze in a little order in the meantime :P , to tide me over, you see.

Re: how long it took for Gingerbread Poppet to sell out - it definitely did NOT sell out until after the new year. This isn't speculation either, because I ordered some myself on January 11. I noticed it was up on the website for awhile after that as well.

Well Beltane is traditionally April 30/May 1, and Beth mentioned that changes in prices, payment and shipping policy wouldn't be happening until after May 1, so I'd say it's a fair guess.

And yeah, I thought I remembered Gingerbread Poppet (and Yuletide too) still hanging around until almost Feb (if not until the Imbolc update, I don't recall), but I didn't have documentation for it and didn't order any so I didn't want to give a date. But the point was they didn't sell out for at least a month and a half so not *every* LE will necessarily will sell out as quickly as the first 3 did.

And yeah, I thought I remembered Gingerbread Poppet (and Yuletide too) still hanging around until almost Feb (if not until the Imbolc update, I don't recall), but I didn't have documentation for it and didn't order any so I didn't want to give a date.

Mmmm, you should try some. It's so nummy - smells just like warm, butter, fresh-baked gingerbread. Works fabulously as a room scent, as well as a body scent.

QUOTE (shriekingviolet @ Apr 16 2004, 04:28 AM)

And yeah, I thought I remembered Gingerbread Poppet (and Yuletide too) still hanging around until almost Feb (if not until the Imbolc update, I don't recall), but I didn't have documentation for it and didn't order any so I didn't want to give a date.

Mmmm, you should try some. It's so nummy - smells just like warm, butter, fresh-baked gingerbread. Works fabulously as a room scent, as well as a body scent.

Not fair...sighhh...I love that scent...and totally missed out on it...The holidays were a blur last year...I hope she brings it back next year!

Hopefully Beth and Co. will make more of the LE's since their business has OBVIOUSLY picked up tremendously.

a bpal newbie here...

just curious as to how long LE scents are available, please??

Unless Beth specifies a date for the duration of the oil (i.e., "Carnivàle Revisited will be available until August 1, 2005."), they are available until they run out.

Lunacy Oils are only available for 24 hours.

interesting....what is a "lunacy" oil??

would this be considered LE?

and why are they only available for 24 hours???

Lunacy oils are the oils that Beth releases on the full moon. Today, Buck Moon is available in the Limited Edition section of the store. If you'd like it, order it today because it won't be available tomorrow.

They are limited editions because every full moon is different, based on the almanac and Beth's other sources, and she custom blends each lunacy oil accordingly. They are only available for the length of the full moon.

ETA: Here is a thread on lunacy oil FAQ

interesting....what is a "lunacy" oil??

would this be considered LE?

and why are they only available for 24 hours???

Edited by gingersnapp

what a unique idea that is!!! love the concept!!!

thank you so much for the explanation ... :P

i think that all of your questions have been asked and answered a few times before. please try using the search engine if you have a basic question about bpal. it helps keep the forum tidy. :P

so sorry about that...this is still a learning experience for me with the forums and such.....i will try to refrain from asking anything until i research it.......

:P