Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A strong, steady, dependable money blend. Use in spellwork for prosperity, gain, and abundance.

Decanted by the lovely and talented pranashakti! :D

I have an imp of the Red Ginger single note, and fresh out of the vial, Foundation of Fortune smells like a less intense version of that--sharp and warm and with that characteristic fresh ginger "bite." However, as the scent dries down, what I can only describe as an "ashy" note emerges. This smells like dried ginger root!

I can't really say anything about the ritual usage for this oil, unfortunately, but I can definately see the association with money; oddly enough, the scent has the "texture" of dusty, crackling paper! The scent conjures up associations more with material than spiritual wealth; I'm curious as to how others interpret this oil :P

[added description ~qs] Edited by Shollin

Bottle (Imp): Hmmm, perhaps a bit musky.

Just On: Oh yes, dark musk.

An hour or two later: Dark musk is all I'm getting.

Around 6 hours: Musk. Musk.

12 hours: Faint musk.

Overall: Well, this isn't a musk that my skin likes, so this is not likely to work very well for me. If it was nice in the vial to my nose, it would probably get more use here.

After reading other reviews: Well, I apparently had a totally different experience than josey, but that's okay. I'm not so sure I'd be using this one as often as Money Bag or Money Draw.

I am just testing this right now, I don't know how to "use" it but if there's one thing I could use right now it's prosperity and abundance so I think I will be applying this frequently and hoping for financial stability.

This also happens to be fantastic as a scent -- it's simultaneously grounding and stimulating. I feel as though there are a lot of resins in this -- it immediately strikes me as sort of spicy and resiny, as if a piece of copal has been burning in a brass censer and bubbling from the heat, then the ashes were scraped from the bottom. Sort of straight-up-the-nose with a spicy ginger/pepper but grounded in smoky incense. Since copal is in the blend Greed, which is also associated with material wealth, I'd guess there could be copal in this.

That's definitely some kind of ginger shooting up my nose and I wouldn't doubt that there could be pepper as well since there's some heat to this. I do get that sort of "papery" feeling as well, perhaps it's because it's so dry and smoky. It's really not like any other blend I've tried -- maybe closest to Aries, but that's just because of that sharp peppery/ginger note.

I really like this as a scent and I hope that as stimulating as it is to my senses, it could be working on another level as well...wish me luck!

I am not doing active spellwork or anything, but I needed some career fortune today and figured this might help.

It's a really earthy scent, like smoked wood. It has a bit of pepper and perhaps some ginger root in it. I can compare it somewhat to Lush's Cosmic Dreamcatcher massage bar. There scent that reminds me of Chinese medicine shop must be the ginger.

Definitely woody.

After an hour: smokey woodsy herby still. Very pleasant and meditative. I'd like to wear this while doing yoga.

Nasally, Foundation of Fortune (FoF for short) is a slightly musty papery ginger-root and pepper blend.

In use, it's awesome.

I used FoF to anoint some money and my wallet, and it's helped immeasurably. I got a job, I found a cheap veterinarian really close by, I picked up a valuable (both in memories and in money value, though they're not about to be sold) pair of books for a song.

I've been using this blend in conjunction with Horn of Plenty. FoF does the anointing and dressing while HoP helps me attune to the money-calling energy I'm putting out into the aether.

Ideally, I'd be using Fof and HoP along with Aunt Caroline's Money Bag -- to both get the money and keep hold of it. However, that might be too strong for me to handle!

I was very lucky to get an imp of this blend and I'm ever-grateful. Thank you.

in the vial: resinous.

wet: deep resins? i am not really getting ginger, just a woodsy resinous deep smell. and yes it faintly smells like a fresh bill from the bank

as it dries it does get a wee bit spicier, fresh ginger anyone? something dried grass like herbal. peppery. this is a deep deep scent

i will be using this in ritual and update on the usage portion but figured i would do a "review" for now on scent

Foundation of Fortune

In the vial: mmm, smells like mild ginger tea. Sort of like an earthier, non-milky version of Sudha Segara.

Wet on skin: the ginger scent warms up, a slight lemon scent appears, and also an earthy scent can be detected which might be vetiver.

Dry on skin: this is an interesting scent-a dry, solid, earthy ginger scent with a hint of tea. It reminds me of dry mud, dust or clay with ginger root shredded on top, with a hint of dry grass and tea leaves, and I'm pretty sure there's vetiver here-the light greenish lemony variety as opposed to the dark, gritty vetiver that amps on my skin. I suspect there may be patchouli here too. It's not a scent I'd wear as perfume-but this is not perfume so that doesn't matter. It's a nice scent though. Now to see if the magickal effects take hold…

After a while: yup, I was right-there seems to be patchouli here. I smell a soft patchouli now with a touch of lemony vetiver. This scent is also a little bit leathery, reminds me of the inside of a worn leather purse, appropriately enough.

Verdict (scent): this is a pleasant scent, earthy, dry and solid, with warmth lent to it by ginger, a hint of tea, and a patchouli drydown with a light lemony vetiver background, as well as a slight suede-leather note that reminds me of my mum's suede purse! Not something I'd wear as a perfume (I think it would be a lovely masculine scent though) but it's a nice smell nonetheless, and this is a scent with intent so it's not about what it smells like, it's what it does that counts…

Magical effects: well, funnily enough, soon after applying, my mum has a chat to me about sorting my finances out, opening a savings account, and putting some money in there to gather interest and to save some for a rainy day…not sure if that's the FoF working or a coincidence, but it's fitting. I'll have to see if this does bring some steady riches my way, so I'll hold on to what I have of it and see what happens.

I haven't really used this one for any specific purpose yet, so this is going to just be a commentary on the scent.

The smell of Foundation of Fortune is an earthy, dry, almost dusty sort of scent at first, with a spicier drydown. It's dry, earthy, and warm. The drydown does remind me a bit of the way that the red ginger singlenote smelled on my skin, kind of spicy-lemony, but still very dry and earthy. Perhaps a bit cedar-like on me as well.

Not a favorite scent of mine, but not off-putting or unbearable in any way either.

Yes, I agree with what many have said - dry, dusty, earthy scent.

I don't smell ginger or spice in this, though. I definitely get patchouli, and possibly some vetivert, oakmoss and copal as well.

Definitely a deep, grounded scent - seems to suit the name of this money blend and what it's purpose means to me - to do the work to start building up my finances from the ground up.

I will ETA when I have more to discuss on usage.

Money! Very similiar to very fresh ink on a dollar bill for me, but magnified so the entire scent is much more strong and distinct than it would be on the average faded dollar bill. The dry paper scent of a bill is captured very well, just more robust, crisp, and with a dusty herbal edge. An oddly compelling scent that's much more appealing then I would have thought it to be (although let's be clear that I don't particularly want to smell like money for daily wear :P , but its nice to sniff otherwise). Alittle dab has a lot of throw. I have used this in annointing work to procure higher sales when I really needed the extra change.

Court

It smells remarkably like Brimstone, which is a GC favoirte of DH's. It is smokey, smoldering ash with a slightly herbal top.

Since this came in to our possession we have sold 3 large pieces of artwork...something that has been "in the works" for over 5 years. We got a few grand within the first week.

Thank you, Lab, for helping us make our dreams reality.

Reviewed primarily for scent:

In the imp: earth.

On me, wet: Very earthy and vetiver-ish.

On me, dry: yup, earth and vetiver. Not much of anything else in here, on my skin.

Verdict: If I didn't find this so dry and cough-making, the purpose of this scent might be enough to get me to use it. As it is, I'll avoid it.

aidenraine's comparison of this to Lush's Cosmic Dreamcatcher massage bar is absolutely spot-on for me. The two scents are very similar indeed!

Effectiveness: I ordered this oil along with Mantle of Venus after spending three weeks jobhunting with no luck at all. On the evening of the day that I received my order I used FoF to anoint a charm bag that I made. I also put a few drops in a tealight and anointed my wallet and coin purse with the oil. The next day, I finally got a job! It's only a few hours a week but it's something, and I have another application that may be fruitful as well.

:P

I have used this for candle annointing for about six months now, and I feel that it does just what it says.

As far as scent, it smells like wet dirt to me, in a good garden in the rain way.