Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
twistygirl

Haitian Lover

A highly sexual, passionately primal love oil for men.

Haitian Lover - This smells like overly-ripe, sticky fruit and ... um ... condoms?! Yeah. Eww. Beyond that, nothing else really matters.

Mmm, licorice! I would almost say this has a leather note as well, or maybe a dark musk. It's really masculine (duh!) but I feel tempted to wear it anyway. Pity it's discontinued.

EDIT: Ahaha, never mind. It smells foul now.

Edited by Sofia Blackthorne

I know this is for men, but I tried it on me anyway.

It smells like Kabuki to me when it's wet. A fruity, licorice-like scent. But when it's dry, I can barely smell anything. What I can smell seems smoky. What a strange change. I think its age is showing.

And I really wish I hadn't read edenssixthday's review that mentioned condoms because now when I smell it I think it smells like condoms. :P (It really does! At least, it does before it gets to the dry stage.)

Oh boy, at the beginning this was maraschino cherries with a shot of cinnamon. As it dries, the cherries aspect fades and I get more of the cinnamon and sassafras/licorice aspect going on.

This is potent and sexual. On the right guy... oh, he's sex on legs. Not my hubby's kind of scent, and if I wore this, I'd have to find a guy that can wear this scent. Induced to cheat because of BPAL? This is THAT kind of scent. Danger, Will Robinson, danger.

Danger, indeed.

in the imp: sweet, almond-y.

wet on skin: the sweet starts to dissipate almost immediately, and a sort of cookie-dough smell takes it's place- reminds me of MB:Underpants in that way. :P

dry down: ok, everything from before is gone. in it's place is now something akin to bay rum with a hint of musky lime.

in all: while it states to be a masculine scent, i feel any gender could wear this. however, apart from it's magickal value, i think there are far better offerings at BPAL for all concerned.

:D

Another one I picked up at Dark Del on a whim :D

In the Bottle: Cherry!

Wet: Cherry is one of my favorite notes, I'm loving this. A touch of ...cinnamon? Really good.

Drydown: It went to something herbally and generic fruit? WTF? :cry2: I may have to retest, because this was soo good in the early stages.

Fresh on, this is the scent of cherry cordial. Ooh! There's a touch of licorice in the background that is quickly moving into front. On its tail is something herbal and dark, dark green. The cherry cordial fades into just a memory. There's a slight sharpness from the herby parts that lasts for a bit before melding with the licorice/cherry. (Ya know, I just bought an Anise Hyssop plant; it's also known as Licorice Mint. I can see that as a note in this). Someone above mentioned bay rum with lime, and there it is! And, yes, it does dry to a masculine O and/or Voodoo. It's nice but not great. It needs a few more tests before the final determination.

If the scent had a color it would be equal parts red & greenish black .

Something about this called to me when the Etsy shop returned to active status, so I went ahead and bought a bottle. I haven't tried it on my husband yet, so even though it's meant for a man, my impressions are based on me wearing it. Wet, there is a very strong cherry almond scent, followed by a blast of anise. It's very sweet, but it dries down fairly quickly to a softer sweet red licorice scent, like those cherry pull-aparts. so it doesn't stay "in your face" the way it starts out. I do get the syrupy cola comparison too. This isn't a "burly masculine" scent, but I can see how it would wear nicely on a hot guy in a tropical setting. If only I had one of those hanging around. :wink: