Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Moscow

A rich, bold blend of imperial rose, carnation, lush jasmine, lily of the valley, dark musk, amber, bergamot and gilded tangerine.

I'm making my rounds through all the GC catalogs just cause I think I should (and my GC box was overflowing, so it was time). So I'm trying out scents I probably wouldn't otherwise.

Sniff: Surprisingly sweet orange. Like a candy.

Skin: Musks up right away on application. Orange sweet musk.

Dry: A very floral musk blend. I anticipated as much so I won't go on my normal blegh-routine about floral musks. But that's what this is. Rose and carnation are not main players, it's more amber-orange-jasmine than anything else. I was a little hopeful carnation and rose would add a spiced beauty to orange? That could be cool. But that's not this.

Verdict: Orange Jasmine Amber musk. NOT my cuppa.

Edited by Aveya
Trying to add the lab description on the new forums XD

Very wet, hot florals - I get mostly jasmine and carnation on that front - and tangerine juice over a powdery base of musk and amber.

The notes of Moscow really intrigued me, and I was hoping for a bright nuanced floral. It’s definitely bright, primarily getting the tangerine and jasmine. It’s old-fashioned and soapy on my skin. 

I really hoped I would get spice from carnation, warmth from amber and musk and delight from all the notes combined.... merrr Could be the Rose and/or lily making it soapy. 

Oh well, I’m glad to have tried it.

Another scent will have similar notes and fulfill my imagined experience! 

Edited by artisjok