Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Cherry Blossom

Sweet, clean and vaguely guest-soapy. Faint cherry tones, but mostly a light, white floral.

Well, I love this and I'll always have it, for sentimental reasons if nothing else - cherry blossom time is when I met my sweetie - and this smells exactly like cherry blossoms. It does smell soapy, a little green, flowery, and it fades fast. But it's quite beautiful and I don't mind reapplying. Ephemeral, lovely, delicate.

Edited by Fulltiltredhead

Yes, I definitely recognize this note from (Old) Kyoto. It has that same dark cherry scent but less of the truly artificial follow-up that's brought up by the anise in that blend. There's still something about this that pushes the envelope on whether it's natural seeming or not, but it's still rather sweet and pleasant, even if it fades fast and ends almost soapy.

Cherry Blossom is a nice, clean scent. I think I initially dismissed it as "just" a floral scent. It *is* floral, and subtle, but it's really beautiful. It's delicate and feminine and vaguely soapy. I'm glad I tried it again.

Like everyone else has said, Cherry Blossom's sweet, clean and soapy. It wasn't so soapy on initial application, though. It's more clean (just washed sheets) than floral. Nice, but not nice enough for me to wear.

120586357.jpg

BPAL blends which use cherry blossom as one of it's ingredients:

Aizen-myoo, Kyoto, Neo-Tokyo.

120592573.jpg

In the bottle

*swoon* Light, airy, vaguely cherry scented floral.

On

It's sweet but not too sweet, the flower is more of a beautiful smell than the fruit.

At 30-60 seconds it is getting quite strong. It's more than vaguely cherry scented now. It seems that cherry anything is going to amp up on my skin. Only a dab will do me in the future but do me it does. I thank the heavens I have an imp of this.

30 minutes

The dry down is heavenly. It's at this stage when I give this a 5. It blends so well with my skin chemistry, so fresh and subtley sweet. It's a scent that could be worn alone.

Throw:

a bit more than average

Scent category:

Floral

Summary

It smells like you'd think. It smells pink, sweet, cherryish when wet, then pink fresh and floral when dry.

Purchase again?

Yes.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Cherry Blossom is all pink and white florals on me. I was surprised by how sweet this one actually goes on my skin. It reminded me a bit of powdery cherry flavored sweet tarts for the first half hour or so. There was a light soapiness lingering in the background, but it wasn't strongly soapy at all. After about an hour on my skin the soapiness disappears and I am left with a lovely, sweet floral. It's pretty strong, but not overwhelming at all. Cherry Blossom singlenote isn't something that I really feel like I can wear, but it's a pleasant/simple floral with a nice bit of sweetness to it. It's just not 'me'.

Cherry Blossom

This imp was a suprise gift from a dear friend. :P Unlike Apple Blossom which doesn't ever smell apple-y, this does indeed smell like cherry at first. This opens with a very mild cherry that slowly changes into a sharp floral. The sharpness of the floral does calm down after a few minutes. This is a nice, fairly strong floral with what almost seems to be a dryer sheet/air freshener undertone on me. It isn't quite as lovely as I hoped it would be, but it is nice and I'm very happy to have tried it.

at first: a sweet, youthful floral.

on: very sweet, but there's already some soapiness coming through.

1 hour later: very soapy.

2 hours later: powdery and soapy.

overall: i didn't think cherry blossom worked on me, and i was right.

First sniff: Definite cherries! It’s softly sweet, not bright in-your-face maraschino.

Wearing: After a moment on my skin, it goes softly floral, and a teensy bit soapy – which fortunately stays teensy. It ends as a soft-sweet floral happiness.

Single Note: Cherry Blossom - I don’t like most BPAL blends or other potions or lotions that have cherry blossom in them, so I didn’t expect to like the single note. As usual, Beth managed to completely surprise me. The Cherry Blossom single note is gorgeous! It is really strong, incredibly pink and floral, and reminds me of walking through Washington D.C. during the first week of April when all of the cherry trees are in bloom. It’s stunningly gorgeous, incredibly fragrant, has phenomenal staying power and a lovely level of throw – so much throw that this oil must be applied lightly. This is definitely not one I layer with any other notes/blends. I wear it on its own, and it’s proven to be a perfect spring time scent that doubles wonderfully as a “pick me up” scent.

Cherry Blossom SN is a bit of a rollercoaster. On wet, it reeks of clean detergent, febreeze in your face cherry blossom spray. It dries down to a nice, clean cherry blossom scent. Much more ethereal and sophisticated. But on wet, it smells super fake. It dries to a much nicer cherry blossom smell, but the first fifteen minutes are a bit hair raising. Good throw, decent wear length.

I had Cherry SN on my other wrist as a comparison, and Cherry SN smells like a fruit, and the Cherry Blossom SN is definitely the floral blossom.