Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Tomato Leaf

Pluck a green fuzzy leaf from the tomato plant on your patio this summer, rub it between your fingers, and smell what I'm reveling in at the moment.

Perfect, and this from someone who spent all of their childhood tending a 1/2 acre garden, complete with tomato plants each year, and who stakes one in a pot for the patio each summer still.

this is exactly the smell of crushed tomato leaves on a warm summer day in the garden. very clean crisp, nice

The one fragrance that always makes me feel at peace is a warm tomato leaf that's been heated by the sun.

In bottle: This is a very strong note; it is a slightly sharp, slightly bitter green leaf. It's very crisp and fresh.

On me: It's so nice; I just adore it. It smells just the way it should. I can even feel the sun shining down on the plant.

121395047.jpg

BPAl blends which use Tomato Leaf as one of it's ingredients:

None

In the bottle

This is a clear liquid.

Smells just like tomato leaves, as naturally it would. :P

I am so grateful to be able to smell tomato leaf, my mom had a tomato garden and I always liked the way my hands smelled after picking them, it's a comforting "memory" type of smell.

On

It's perfect. It's stronger than I thought which is so good in this case. A tad peppery smelling but with none of a pepper's heated spicy bite, just the scent of it only, kind of like a green pepper smells but more, well, red tomato-y.

It smells green and really exactly like tomato leaves. Kind of acidic smelling, green and warm.

30 minutes

Hasn't changed at all. I love this.

Throw:

Yes this does, the throw smells like a red tomato, not like the peppery green earthy smell of it on my skin.

Scent category:

Green

Summary

It smells perfect wet or dry. If you like the smell of fresh tomato leaves you will not be disappointed. This is very good.

Purchase again?

Yes. For the scent and the comfort factor.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Right out of the imp, it's a blast of garden greenery. It morphs slightly from general "garden" into what I remember from the tomato plant in our backyard growing up. Lots of greeny green green. Beautiful!

I really enjoy the tomato leaf singlenote. If you've ever planted and lovingly tended to a tomato garden, it's a smell that you will recognize fondly. This is just like the way that tomato plants smell when they're out in the warm sun and growing well.

Tomato Leaf has a pleasant warmth and spiciness to it, just like the distinctive smell of the plants. If you smell a tomato, you can pick up on the spicy hints and the almost citrussy sort of bite. They manage to be so uniquely green and crisp smelling, while at the same time so warm and spicy.

This singlenote is just as captivating to me as the plants have been. It makes me think happily of the gardens that my father and I tended to every summer.

The only blend that I've seen this in so far is The Jersey Devil (of which I ordered a 10 ml of unsniffed), and I'm hoping that I can pick out this note in that blend as well. It's wonderful :P

ETA: Thanks to a truly and unbelievable friend to sent me a tester of this.

I think I'm in love. Tomato Leaf SN is the green, planty, almost dirty note that is very prevalent in Planting Moon. This note for me was overwhelmed in Planting Moon with both the aquatic and dirt component.

This is the smell when you snap a tomato off its branch. It smells like outside, a garden and greens. And yes, with a tiny hint of bitter dirt. LOVE IT. :wub2:

Edited by zankoku_zen