Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Oakmoss-infused vanilla bourbon, smoked lilac petals, and orris butter.

Just got my package yesterday, so this is a first impression test and is subject to change with more rest!!

In the bottle: creamy lilacs!

Freshly applied: Lilacs!!! Oooh so pretty, I recognize their smell from "Houses at the Back - Frosty Morning" which i remember being a straightforward lilac smell. The lilacs smell different here though, like more pleasant somehow. Oh, maybe its the orris butter adding that smoothness and silkiness.

Drydown: The vanilla bourbon is probably also contributing the silky smooth creamy feeling of these lilacs? But vanilla is not like a strong note showing up in this scent at all. It's predominantly a beautiful lilac scent with orris and vanilla bourbon supporting and adding complexity. I really like this one so far!! And I don't have any other lilac scents currently so I think it'll be a keeper. Interested to see if it changes with more rest. The throw is on the lighter side.

I really like this one! When first applied I get a lot of lilac, with the sweet, smooth base of the bourbon vanilla taking slightly more prominence as it dries. I can't really tell how "smoked" the lilacs are exactly, but there is a sort of caramelized/toasted layer to it that I really like. Overall this is a very smooth, slightly sweet scent topped with lilac. If you're a little wary of florals like me this is a nice one to start with, it feels very springy without being overwhelming.

this opens with fresh, dewy lilacs, and i get a hint of the oakmoss adding a slightly woody backdrop. i get some orris and a bit of smokiness. for awhile, it's practically a lilac soliflore on my skin, until after awhile the vanilla blooms, adding some creaminess. very pretty!

This one was a lovely surprise - I just wanted to see if you could pick out the smoked lilac, and you can, but I'm quite enamored with the composition as a whole. I don't get fresh lilac from this, I get a creamy lilac (more lilac butter than orris butter, but probably the combined effect) accented with vanilla and a hint of smoke and oakmoss. Very wearable.

I love this scent, it's probably my favorite of the Shungas and Lupers so far. The orris butter certainly isn't shy, and I get loads of purple-hued lilac, as well. Both florals are very smooth and creamy with a subtle smokiness, but I can't discern whether that's from the oakmoss or lilac petals.

It's a vibrant spring floral that's enjoyable by itself, but when that oakmoss and vanilla bourbon start wafting up to my nose, it's game over -- I'm head over heels. That glorious vanilla'd oakmoss throws all day long, with the florals just around the edges. Color me smitten.