Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A whipped green dream, pale and pillowy with multicolored mini marshmallows,
densely studded with bits of pineapple, mandarin, and shredded coconut.

This reminds me of my mom’s pistachio pudding she made when I was young. It’s mostly pineapple and marshmallow for me with that nutty soft pistachio in the background. Fun scent and I love the memory it brings up. 😋

In the bottle this tracks so cleanly to the fluffy salad I remember eating at family functions, it's kind of astonishing. The twinkles of pineapple juice and kind of husky nutty scent of the pistachio and coconut, floating on a sort of blandly creamy cloud. The blandness is part of what's so appealing about it, I wish I could describe it better. That's how it was with the ambrosia itself: nothing I ever craved or requested, but I did enjoy eating it, exploring all the flavors and textures.

On the skin it's surprisingly mature, possessing a startling sensuality and longing. The nutty notes have real oleaginous richness and depth that offset the unseriousness of that pastel tutti-frutti color palette. It reminds me of an illicit encounter during a party, perhaps in a bathroom or closet, with the sound of other people's laughter and gaiety audible in the background. It also seems like authentic tiki bar time travel! If it wasn't for these distinctly vintage-y associations, I might have sworn it was a Shunga.

Over time I found the orange outlasted the pineapple, but otherwise it remains silky green and nutty to the bitter(sweet) end.

Well, you thought this was a Tupperware party – Jello molds, covered casserole dishes, PTA gossip. But you knew different the moment you saw those seafoam green formica counters had been converted to a winking burlesque runway. All your friends do shots of ground pistachio paste lightened with pineapple juice's fizzing neon effervescence, folded into the creamiest, velvety custard...laced with acid. You don't want to seem like a square, so down it goes! The last thing you remember is your hostess's outrageous shimmy and the mesmerizing billowing twirl of her whipped cream pasties. You awake on your front lawn, the technicolor escapades of the night before swimming before your eyes, the taste of an astronaut ice cream tiki drinks on your tongue.

The pineapple is really strong on me and dominates the scent. I can just barely pick out notes of pistachio and marshmallow, but overall this is close to a fresh cut pineapple single note on me.

Well, I just had some ambrosia for Easter. (Apparently, my partner and I said that we really like ambrosia to someone at a family gathering, and they remember it, even though we don't recall raving about it. So now they always bring ambrosia and I always have to eat it, even though I would rather eat cake and cookies and four-layer surprise than ambrosia. 😅)

This really does smell like ambrosia. The pineapple is the strongest of the fruits on me, backed by the mandarin, and I also get the coconut, all slathered in whipped cream. The marshmallow isn't distinct on me, but I bet it is lending some sweetness/creaminess to the scent. As for the pistachio, I must have gotten a bit during the wet phase when I thought there might be cherry in this, before I looked at the notes and realized there was no cherry. So cherry-esque pistachio, but it is short-lived on me. 

If you want to smell like ambrosia, you won't be disappointed! This smells more like ambrosia than Solstice Scents' Cherry Vanilla Ambrosia, IMO.

I don't think there's a bottle for me in the future, but I may keep the decant and maybe wear it to those extended family gatherings where I have to eat ambrosia. :lol: 

Edited by doomsday_disco