Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I was hoping for something with a lot of pine needle in it, but (perhaps not surprisingly) sweet creamy ol beeswax jumps out to the fore as soon as I put this on. Can I smell the pine needles at all? Ehhhh... I will have to turn to greener scents to get my forest floor fix, it seems.

However, this is not bad at all in combo with the main Wolf Moon 2024 scent - it adds a pleasing creamy smoothness to Wolf Moon's scratchy woods.

Wet, this is a mix of smooth, melty beeswax and camphorous pine. As this dries, the beeswax really takes over. The pine is still present, but it's more like pine needles mixed into a beeswax candle. During the dry stage, it's definitely green and pliable fresh pine needle rather than pinewood. It's pretty straightforward, but I like the combination of the swoon-worthy beeswax note and the green pine needle note.

This is a joy, surprisingly it is all about chewy sweet honey backed by a tiny bite of green. The pine never takes over, it stays a step behind the beeswax throughout the wear. This is strikingly similar to the smell of fresh basswood honey, which for those unfamiliar tends to have a light green hue and a slightly medicinal herbal *smell. 

Edited by Orafish

The beeswax comes over very resin-y on me and dominates the scent. It ends up being a relatively simple, resin dominated scent, with a hint of pine needles.