Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No additional description. 

Edited by Jenjin

I was trying to let someone else be the first review, but since it has been a few days and this review thread hasn't gotten any replies, here goes.

QyFus8.gif

The year was 2020. I had visited the Deutsches Spionagemuseum in December 2019 and thought it would be a good idea to try Mommy's Little MI6 Agent, which was a Winter Travelogue scent inspired by the Barrials' visit to that museum. Sadly, the perfume ended up being one of the biggest fails I've ever experienced. I thought that the fossilized amber was the primary note to blame.

While Honeyed Pear Tart is not on the same level of awful on me as that scent was, it definitely made me flashback to the funk of that scent, and now I know for sure that pear and I are enemies. The pear note starts off as squishy, but with a fake candy vibe that somehow makes me think of banana for a bit, as if there's some stealth banana mixed in with the pear. Then it just goes all kinds of awful from there. Like the pear just got squishier and had that pear-from-a-can-of-fruit-cocktail-vibes, but rotting, and slightly honeyed. What did I do to deserve this fate?

Maybe it's because I don't really even like pears unless they're used in like, a fancy brie grilled cheese or something. Perhaps this is their revenge. Maybe someone who enjoys pears won't have this pear-centric scent revolt against them.

61908b61-13d6-41ec-88b5-dab32ca412bc_tex

This one is very funky, but in a way that I like. The pear is very sweet and smells like canned pear in syrup, except the syrup is a thick ooze of honey. The honey steers this into funky town. It's the same musky honey in Honey Taffy Smut, but the pear almost makes it smell dirtier somehow. There aren't any delicate wildflower notes in this honey, it's blunt and filthy. I don't really get any tart crust, but I might be overwhelmed with thick honey goodness. It does smell like the pear disintegrates into the honey after a while and you're left with the pure musky essence of the honey note.

I can definitely see how this would be too much for someone, but I adore the lab's dirty honey note. I don't think I ever got banana here, but I could be too primed to think about pears. This one is not for everyone, but maybe you'll like it if you enjoy some funky musky honey.

Strong, sweet and tart pears with honey. This smells more like straight up pears to me than a pear based dessert. Great throw. So simple while still being very much there. Very pear dominated scent.

the pear is strong with this one. But it's also canned and syrupy. (fresh pears simply don't smell the same as canned). If i sniff my wrist directly I do get honey. Like actual honey smell. 

but, wow, this is a STRONG throw. Just a little on my wrist is too much

this one is for those who truly wish to smell of pear

doomsday_disco --- well, that is a memorable review 🤣

@doomsday_disco I'm laughing like an idiot at that first gif

I loved this scent! Unfortunately, it caused the same skin reaction that forced me to regift Womb Furie. I'm keeping this one and using it with a scent locket, though, because I think it's so beautiful. I also found that it plays well with Snake Oil so I've added some of that to the locket's felt pad too. I get compliments wearing it! That combo and Snooty Bat are the only two BPAL scents where I've had repeated positive reinforcement from strangers, so I'mma keep on with it till I run out. To each their own -- just sucks that I'm discovering honey scents are some of my favorites and ALSO I'm apparently allergic to them!

Wet: Ooooo PEAR. This definitely smells like pear filling you'd find on the inside of some type of pie, tart, or whatever baked good here. 

Dry: Pear and honey. Not too sweet, just a well balanced pear and honey scent!

At first this is sweet, canned pears in syrup. Yum. But then something with my skin chemistry happens and the sweetness of the canned pears turns bitter and kinda like overly ripe. I don't really get any honey. 

I'm getting a headache so I need to wash it off. Skin chemistry disaster. Not for me, sadly.