Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Champagne and Delirium

At first application on my skin, I smell the delightful sharpness of lemon peel and bubbly champagne

Couple of hours in, what's left is the gentle fizziness of the champagne and a light musk. Not a trace of apple but that wasn't the main ingredient I was looking for. It's not super long lasting but i also don't expect this to be either!

This is pleasant in the winter but will be even better in the summer in the middle of a baking hot heatwave.

Fresh and effervescent!

This is like a fresh apple champagne but not apple cider, if that makes sense. It's fresh and bright and the rose note is very subtle. The lemon is there on application but doesn't stay for long. As it fades, I too get an almost light musk after tone, which I love so it works for me. Agreed that this will be a nice spring/summer scent.

Sweet, fizzy champagne poured over twists of lemon peel and tart apple slices. The rose is a fruity kind that does somehow smell golden. This is so delicious and cheerful. Absolutely beautiful and I have no regrets on it. Agreed with the other reviews, this is gonna be a banger in summer. Solid throw too. I can smell it (applied one tiny drop on my wrist) easily while I'm working. 

I love Delirium, and champagne has been a solid note for me, so I was very excited about this scent! On me, the apples are the star of the show in Delirium, and they are not too sweet, perfectly ripe pink skinned apples, probably pink ladies.

That crisp fresh wonderful apple note is still here in Champagne and Delerium, but the champagne note twined with the lemon peel rises to equal it in prominence. The champagne is light and fizzy and bright, and the lemon is the bright fresh smell of the oils released from the zest.

Roses are a soft airy background note of lightly crushed petals that helps create a beautiful balance.

I like this just as much as Delirium, but I appreciate the way that it is decidedly different. This is Delirium at a fancy cocktail party, and it's a really fitting New Year's scent. I think that it will be delightful year round though because it's bright and fresh.

I tested this alongside an imp of the GC Delirium.

While the GC is all about the rose with a bit of apple and lemon peel, the champagne variant is mostly a dry champagne infused with apple and lemon, with more apple at first, then more lemon once it has been dry for a few hours, and no rose that I could detect (meanwhile, the GC scent was all rose in the throw). While I prefer the champagne variant to the original, I don't like this as much as other champagne scents in my collection. It's just drier than I'd like it to be.

A relatively simple scent on me. It's mostly champagne. I do get a noticeably amount of lemon peel, but the I cannot pick out the apple or rose notes on there on. Overall, the scent is close to a champagne single note on me. I do get some citrus and maybe just the slightest hit of rosewater.