Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Oatmeal, Rose Petals, and Sugar

This features a jammy red rose, coated in sugar, and backed by a tiny amount of oatmeal, which becomes more noticeable later on in wear, but never overtakes the other notes. The rose is sweetest during the wet phase and becomes less sugary over time on me. Oatmeal is not a note that is ever a main player on me in perfumes (with the exception of Halfling), but I like the hint of it I get in this one.

I have a lot of rose scents, and I'm not sure I need a whole bottle of this one, but I do think it is nice, and I'd recommend it to those looking for a sugary rose scent more than someone looking for a scent with a focus on oatmeal.

soft sugared rose, floral and perfume-y but gets slightly jammier with wear. it's subtle and gentle, not too heady nor powdery with a hint of creaminess that emerges on the drydown. i don't get any of the oatmeal in this, which i had hoped to be the centerpiece of the scent, but on me, this is all pink, sugar-dusted rose petals. moderate throw and average longevity, with soft wafts of sweet rose lingering for a good couple hours.

A jammy, sugary, red rose, almost single note. The rose note dominates on me. And I read it as a red rose scent, though it's not as deep as other red rose scents. The sugar is not so much its own note, as added to the rose, making it a sugary rose scent, but still more of a red rose, as opposed to a pink or tea rose to me. I cannot pick out the oatmeal, but there is a softness to the scent. Overall, while the sugar and oatmeal are adding something to the scent, it ends up reading as a rose single note on me.

As a rose lover I was torn about this one, but decided on sticking with a decant, as opposed to getting a full bottle.

Sugary pink rose petals - I got only the barest oatmeal note, i wouldn't even recognize it.  My mom, who loves gourmands but hates roses, loved this, and didn't know what was in it. Which i think expresses how much sugar versus the other notes there is in this. It reminded me heavily of an old Lupercalia scent i don't remember the name of, but was tea rose and shortbread.  (Cinq)