Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Beeving it up this year with matcha tea cheesecake.

Edited by Jenjin

I put this on the other day and promptly forgot everything (the inoperable brain tumor and other health issues are fun fun lately 🙃). I then spent the entire day asking everyone in my house where the beautiful lemon cream dessert smell was coming from. It haunted me. I wore Beaver Moon '23 again (for the first time! again.) the next day and realized it had been me all along.

So, Beaver Moon 2023 is a beautiful dessert scent that lasts all day with good throw. The cheesecake is super creamy, sweet, vanilla-y, and slightly tangy. The matcha is a richer, darker green tea type of scent with lemon and honeyed cream. I usually dislike green tea perfumes because they're sharp, too bright, and slightly white musky, but this is darker and smoother with none of those sharp edges to it, or the cheesecake just smooths it out perfectly. It's 100% gourmand and lovely and I'm glad that I have two bottles to enjoy.

earthy, smooth matcha swirled with a touch of honey and cream. there's a touch of astringency reminiscent of green tea, but this isn't a sharp, floral matcha at all – it's rich and grounded, with a lovely backing of soft, creamy vanilla. the cheesecake is missing that characteristic tanginess, and it reads more like a matcha sponge cake to my nose, subtly sweetened with whipped golden honey and layers of vanilla cream. the cake is dense and moist, with a delicate crumb and a beautifully rich earthiness from the matcha. good throw and longevity, this is a must-try for both foodie and matcha lovers.

I picked this up on a whim while I was getting a bottle of Cat Churning Butter and holy shit. Hot damn! I'm beaving out!!! This is one of the best perfumes I've ever used!

In the bottle you get the full impact of CHEEZCAKE. About the instant I put the tiniest dab of it on my skin it transforms into a wonderful matcha latte, completely authentic, no odd notes, lightly sweetened with a drizzle of honey and vanilla.

Over time it inches towards the cheesecake creaminess from the initial bottle opening, gradually adding tiny bits of sweetened cream cheese as the day goes on. Very incredible, very edible.

Good throw. Lasts all day. Never gets weird. This beaver is perfection.

I get a very gentle translucent honey glowing on my skin. I don't get the cheesecake or matcha. Feels more like a perfume from the Lupercalia Honeypot serie.

The Beavers are never very strong on my skin. This one is a little more so than most, but still not super strong. There’s a true cheesecake note (very sweet, a little sour/tangy), plus I think I’m getting a slightly cinnamon-spiced graham cracker crust. The matcha is sweet like a Starbucks matcha, and has that distinctive powdery green tea scent. I was hoping for a winner by taking a chance on another Beav, and I’m glad I did!

The matcha note in this is deeper than the clean, lemon-y green tea note typically used by the Lab. It is swirled into a creamy, slightly tangy cheesecake, that is so realistic to me that I can envision a cheesecake whenever I sniff it, the baked kind that's golden brown on the top, like this Tokyo cheesecake. I even smell a stickiness on top, but to me, it's more like the cheesecake has been brushed with a light syrup rather than a sticky honey.

I don't even love cheesecake, but I really enjoy this scent. If you've tried and enjoyed Astrid's Matcha Petit Four and are looking for another matcha dessert scent, this should be up your alley.

I'm glad I have a bottle.

Edited by doomsday_disco