Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lavender Lemon Bar goes on as a blast of lavender, backed by some tart lemon. It stays that way for the first few hours of wear, before the lemon gets sweeter, as if this lavender lemon bar were dusted with powdered sugar. On me, the lavender dominates throughout wear, although the lemon does gain strength over time. I have now tried five of the Lavender Kitchen scents (Lavender Brownie, Lavender Coconut Cream Pie, Lavender Earl Grey Cookies, Lavender Honey Cake, and now this one), and I believe they all feature the same, dreamy, almost floofy lavender. (I also have two decants of the other two lavender scents in this collection on their way to me, so I'll be reviewing the whole collection.) 

Right now, I'm wearing Boozy Lemon Bars, and I would say that overall, the lemon in Boozy Lemon Bars is sweeter than the lemon in Lavender Lemon Bar. And the lavender in Lavender Lemon Bar really makes it different than that scent, so yes, you can justify owning both lemon bar scents. If you're wondering how Lavender Lemon Bar compares to Happy Baby in a Long Dress, I'd say that you'd probably be happy with this one if you enjoyed that one, but the lavender in this is stronger, and the lemon part of this lemon bar definitely has that lemon curd-like quality that makes it quite different from Happy Baby in a Long Dress' lemon sugar.

I'm happy to have a bottle of this one and can see myself reaching for it a lot during the summer months.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Exactly as described, a sharp lemon curd with gentle lavender. From the first application until about 2 hours in, I get a blast of sharp lemon curd, just like in Boozy Lemon Bars but without the booze. I like this phase, but I *really* like it when the lemon curd calms down and is tempered by soft lavender. Like Doomsday_Disco said, this is different enough from BLB for you to wear both. And it makes me hungry for a lemon bar.

In the bottle this is a very nice mix of lavender and lemon!

Wet: It's very lemon-y but at the same time because of that lavender it has a nice floral hint to it. After about 30 minutes the two scents are mixed so well on my skin I can't really pick out one over the other.

Dry: An hour after application it smells like a floral lemonade powder? Which doesn't actually exist but that's what it makes me think of.
Five hours after application it smells the same, like a slightly floral lemonade. It's much closer to the skin but hasn't faded all the way like a few others.

I got a small decant of this because the lemon both scared and intrigued me. I shouldn't have been so nervous because it's quite nice! The lemon is the sour curd from a tart lemon bar. The lavender is soft and sweet, keeping the lemon from getting too tart. There is a crust note lurking here, like a crumbly short bread that's kind of soggy with lemon goo from the time it's spent under the lemon curd. As it dries, the lemon and lavender fade in the background and the crust takes over. It's a bit of a bummer for me specifically because the crust is cookie-adjacent and therefore goes a bit bandaid on me.

I'm more interested in lemon curd notes than I was before. I like the wet stage of this perfume, with the lemon curd and lavender. If the Lab's cookie note doesn't go weird on you, this will probably work well for you!

A bright lemon lavender duo. This is unfortunately not a foodie scent on me. The lemon lavender duo of the scent is quite strong and reminds me more of Happy Baby in a Long Dress than a baked good. The scent does not go full cleaning supply on me and is still very enjoyable (as someone who likes lemon lavender duos), though doesn't stick out among the similar scents I already have. I'm happy with an imp, but not tempted by getting a full bottle.

I'm really sad about this one because I live for lemon desserts, but I ended up smelling like a freshly cleaned kitchen on a sunny day. It was also so strong that I ended up feeling nauseous and had to scrub it off. A huge fail for me.