Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Buttercream

Super smoky pumpkin rind with a bit of sweetness behind it. But mostly it's smoke. My hair smells like I spent all night hanging near a bonfire and am now effectively smoked. It's very "heavy" but thankfully does calm down with wear, leaving the heavy smoke to only interrupt my senses in wafts. Definitely not the sweet gourmand I was expecting based on the name and description though.

In the bottle this is tooth achingly sweet warm pumpkin swimming in buttercream. Dry in the hair it does a total 180 and becomes a baked dark brown sugar dusted pumpkin no buttercream to be detected.

To my nose there's no smoke or spice in this. It's simple, pure, uncooked pumpkin flesh and sweet, warm buttercream. There's nothing discordant or sharp about it, it's very soft and comforting.

Fresh from the mail- My dentist would have words if this was edible.
Spiced fresh pumpkin in a too sweet buttercream with a bonfire note at the back, okkkkk it's gone to rest.

you found the perfect pumpkin at the patch, & brought it home. you don’t fully know why, but you rolled your new friend around in raw sugar, then set it on fire. this is what my hairses smell like, and i’m rather pleased. also, makes my hairs so, SO silky soft. 🥰🎃

First few wears: I get the puree and I get the buttercream, but that’s not all we’ve got here to frost your cakes. There is also a cheeky bit of clove...Or maybe it's some baked, caramelized swirl of pumpkin roulade snickety-snacking about.

Now: Aha! Pumpkin spice cheesecake.

My sample was also smoky. I don't get much sweetness or buttercream, really. There's quite a bit of spice: mostly clove backed by cinnamon and nutmeg. I said it was smoky but it's not excessive, more like someone roasted the pumpkin over a fire. When I get whiffs of this one while I'm wearing it, I mostly get the spices.

Straight up butter, burnt sugar, and pumpkin. If you enjoy buttery scents, this is your hair gloss. Pumpkin spice is set to low. I keep trying pumpkin scents, when will I learn? (Never, the answer is never.)