Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Palo Santo and Patchouli

Oh my lawd. I am smitten. This smells very similar to house of unquenchable fire atmosphere spray from awhile back. It's clean, resin-y and the patchouli is not the root dirty kind. I am not huge on HG but will be using this as a body spray. Insta bottle.

This is my first hairgloss and wow, did I ever set the bar high. 

My hair is very fine, so I wasn't sure how it would react to hairgloss, but this scent combo (and Samhain HG) were ones I couldn't skip.

To start, I towel dried my hair and sprayed this while my hair is damp, and then dried it. It ended up making my hair smooth and soft, not greasy at all. The scent is woody and Palo Santo forward, and if I had to guess, it's red patchouli here. The scent was present in my hair, but not strong.

Once I'd tested it on damp hair and had a good experience, I tried it on dry hair. I sprayed it on my hand, rubbed my hands together a moment, and smoothed it on. The scent is definitely more potent when smoothed onto dry hair for me. Smooth and soft, not greasy. (I don't put it on my roots, just 3/4 down and to my ends.)

The best combo was spraying on damp hair, drying, then smoothing on dry hair. And this, my friends, is why I need a second bottle!

Recommended for anyone who loves these notes, and for anyone who has perfumes with these notes or compatible ones. It doesn't compete, it just enhances.

Edited by elissamay

This is wild! It smells sweet, & faintly herbal patchouli with that whiff of smoke. I smell like a dirty hippie & I've never been happier!!

This is soooo good! It reminds me of my beloved Autumn Leaves and Haitian Patchouli, but with the palo santo replacing the leaves. Trying to talk myself out of a backup bottle. If you love patchouli, you must buy this!

This has gotten even better with a bit of age, when I received this in the fall it had an expected earthy ruggedness befitting the cooler months. It has developed into a well behaved less-stompy version of its previous self, one I can now see myself wearing in the heat of summer.

The palo santo is sweet and smooth and the patch is golden hued. There is a honeyed warmth between the two notes. It now reminds me more of an expensive salon, less of a head shop, settling somewhere between the two in its uniqueness. 

Woooow. Patchouli lovers should not sleep on this, she's a beaut. A meditative and peaceful blend, evoking shamanic rituals. Not too smoky, if you were concerned about that. Makes me feel as if everything is right in the world. It does veer kind of dirty hippie-ish, but in an upscale way. 

Upon first application, the palo santo wood dominates, swirled with incense smoke. The woodsmoke dissipates within ~30 min or so, the ash blown gently away, revealing sweet, golden resin treasures embraced with a soft patchouli (not dirty on my hair/to my nose). This drydown stage is to die for.

I think it can layer well with pretty much anything at this point, but I especially like this with other sweet smoky scents like Liz, or golden-resin scents like Haloes, L'Estate, IBT, Flickering Lights, Tattered Lace, and Hesoid's Phoenix.