Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum

This smells like a foodie scent on me. I don't get any rum or booze in general. It reminds me more of fall pie filling, fall spices, pumpkin, and very buttery. It's not quite pumpkin pie, IMO, but it's more in that territory than a rum drink.

Imagine that you are sitting at a New Orleans hotel with the waiter preparing Bananas Foster tableside. To begin, they drop a whole-ass stick of butter in the sizzling pan, dump in cupfuls of sugar, toss in the banana, drench it with rum, and light it all on fire. Once the caramels are scorched and the butter is browned, they plate it and serve it piping hot topped with ice-cold vanilla bean ice-cream -- and, buddy, MINUS the bananas, that experience is THIS perfume.

It's rummy but not rum-forward; it's butter-and-caramelized-sugars with some powdered ginger and cardamom in the background, fresh scraped vanilla bean, and - wait a minute, yes - the moist, yeasty heart of a cinnamon roll drenched in buttercream icing.

Booziness: 2/5. Spiciness: 5/5. Foodiness: off the charts. Bottle: bought.

I'd say it was distinctly different from Bonfire Toffee, which is dark caramalized sugar notes and a touch of smokiness. PS HBR is giving me more cinnamon and clove on this application. It starts out all the sweet butter and rum (sweet, but not too boozy), but the drydown is distinctly layered with PS.

PS HBR doesn't dry down to resemble Pumpkin Spice Everything, either. I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to skin-test them all.

Edited by bheansidhe

When I first got this from the mail it smelled exactly as expected, a literal pumpkin spice hot buttered rum. But when I waited a bit and tried it I’m not getting any sort of beverage. It’s much smokier than I expected, almost scorched. When I first put it on I get a strong blast of cinnamon and the smoke stepped back a lot, but as it’s dried the smoke has come forward again. It’s not quite in the Thanks Marie Callender’s territory, but close. At first I wasn’t sure about a singed pumpkin smell but the longer I’m wearing it the more it’s growing on me. I don’t think I need a full bottle but I’m glad I tried it. 

In the bottle VERY BUTTERED RUM!

Wet: still very much Buttered rum without being too harsh with the rum note. Very pleasant and cozy?

Dry: 10 minutes into dry down it smells the same with the faintest hint of spice.
4 hours into wear it's basically the same but with less throw, hot buttered rum with a mild hint of spice and the smallest amount of pumpkin waaaay in the back. I'm going to assume in another 2-3 hours it'll end up fading completely. Overall I really enjoy this scent it reminds me of The Wellerman or maybe the Wellerman reminds me of hot buttered rum? Either way 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ArtemisSelene

Almost annoyingly good. :wub2:

Spicy, buttery, strong rum goodness. It's not a strong boozy/alcohol scent like in blue fire for example, but it compliments the "creamyness" and spices perfectly. Definately what I had been waiting/hoping for. Mmmmm....