Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Spice Champagne

It’s exactly what you’d expect! The lab’s wonderful champagne note up top, and a beautiful pumpkin spice blended in. It’s not a loud or screechy pumpkin spice at all - definitely evocative of a delicious fall cocktail. I am a fiend for the lab’s champagne, and if you’re wondering how this compares to Victory (pumpkin cheesecake champagne) - on me, it is like its lighter cousin. Victory came to fight and Pumpkin Spice Champagne came to toast your win. 

This reminds me of going into a craft store when both the autumn and winter decorations are out, but in a very good way. The pumpkin spice is cinnamon-forward on me, making me think of the cinnamon-scented brooms, and the champagne lends a lovely bubbly background note to the whole thing. I was worried it would be too sweet, but it's balanced in a lovely way.

I agree! Very balanced what you see on the tin. A sweet champagne with pumpkin spice! I dont get bready or vegetal pumpkin anything, just the spices, but it's not overtly spicy either. I agree, not loud or screechy (for either note) Just pleasant. Has a vintage quality. Festive and fun but not immature in any way. It will probably make you feel glamourous and in a good mood.

Well done Lab. I wasn't sure how this was going to work out but this coalesced well. 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Reminds me more of champagne and pumpkin spice cake pops. That is to say, this scent is very sweet. More sweet than bubbly. It's very similar to Victory, as already mentioned. Another comparison I think is worth mentioning is Pumpkin Spice Margarita, which is more boozy and less sweet than this (Pumpkin Spice Champagne), but still very similar. Personally, this is a little too sweet for me, but still very pleasant.

Pumpkin Spice Champagne: in the bottle the Lab's Champagne note takes center stage with just hints of pumpkin spice in the background

Wet: Same as in the bottle. I really love how it manages to actually smell fizzy!

Dry: honestly it stayed the same pretty much the same all day. Occasionally got stronger hints of pumpkin spice but it was pretty much in the background the whole day.

I am a sucker for champagne notes, but not usually pumpkin spiceness. But I figured what the heck. Why not. At first sniff I said meh. I texted my friend that it was meh. And then 30 minutes later I said jk because somehow this just... works. It's fizzy, it's spicy, but it's not too either of those things. It's cozy but not heavy, which is great because "fall" in Florida is like 3 days long.  This is hot, humid, horrific fall-friendly. I don't get much sweetness from it, more just fizzy and spice without any pumpkin-ness. I, fortunately, do not get the cinnamon broom vibe, which is great because my husband hates those with a burning passion and I'd never be able to wear this around him lmao. It lasts remarkably well, and with good throw.