Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Man With a Haunted House for a Face

I get a gorgeous oak note accompanied by a lovely, perfumey sandalwood. These are definitely oak floorboards, not fresh oak timber. The sandalwood isn't one I've smelled before as far as I can tell, and it's very interesting. It's not creamy, but it's also not too dry; it's very hard to describe, but it's definitely got a distinct "I am a sandalwood that goes in perfume" smell to it. It's simple and straight forward, and a very nice unisex scent for those who enjoy wood, especially oak. It's not super long lasting yet, but I suspect it will hold on more with some age or a generous application.

This goes on fresh and brighter than I expected, not bad, kind of pleasant and spring-like on first impression.  Later on it settles into a perfumey powdery scent that is disagreeing with me.  It reminds me a lot of Witch Birds, perhaps it's the same sandalwood note?  I don't know, something is rubbing me the wrong way.  I'm glad I got to try it, but this was an unfortunate fail on my skin! 

Fresh on application, simultaneously a little oldy. Wood, oak/sandalwood fan with a root beer flavored dust/powder. Really mild, light, bright and approachable.

No polish, no cedar, no pine tree. Antikythera device mademoiselle light flanker. Very likable.

This reminds me of the sandalwood in my 2021 Every Day Is Halloween! It's very pretty, kind of sweetened with a bit of oak on the drydown. Very lovely.

Wet: Sharp, tangy florals and dusty sandalwood. Actually, maybe the 'floral' I'm smelling is the sandalwood.

I liked the wet stage, but it dried down into a thin, powdery, dry sandalwood and I'm not into it.

Something told me not to skip this one, and I'm glad to Something. I get a very neutral woody scent. No evergreens, very much a fine, high quality sandalwood oak. It's perfect for layering  perfect on it's own. I feel like you could wear this anywhere, in any context.

Sexy pirate? Set the course for Port Royal. 

Haunted hause? Come with me, murderess!

Genteel person? Why I do declare this be mighty fine.

Viking? Set sail to plunder!

Poet? Start the duel already, wallpaper!

Wood Elf? And you have my bow.

Hippie? That's just like, you're opinion man. 

Cottagecore: I be the witch in the wood.

I do get the Antikythera light flanker vibe too. It reminds me of No Man is An Island a bit, too. Less dark and sweet, more dry. There's s tad of a cologne/perfume vibe, but it's mostly about those woods.

Later in the afternoon: goes a bit sharp now and then. Might have to use this in a locket but it's not all that bad.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak