Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

EPIC BPAL Spreadsheet Thread

New stuff will always be at the bottom, and the date column will tell you what's newest. I think most people copy out the new lines and paste into their own annotated versions.

Velvet, Le Mat, etc. are already there. I'll add Planting Moon tonight or tomorrow. You can always check my sig for the last updated date :)

I :love!: Hackess' spreadsheet!! Please don't stop, 'cause I'd be lost without her updates... :confused:

I keep the newest version, and simply cut and paste new items from the bottom of her sheet to my own hacked-up/modified/personalized version. I've added columns to denote scents I have, my personal notes and ratings, and use 'auto filter' to show just the ones I want.

How can I print just the names and descriptions without them getting cut off? I'm not familiar with spreadsheets/excel and what not. I must concur with everyone else and say Hackess you rock & Thank You!

How can I print just the names and descriptions without them getting cut off? I'm not familiar with spreadsheets/excel and what not. I must concur with everyone else and say Hackess you rock & Thank You!

Select all by hitting Ctrl+A, then right click and select "Format Cells..." Select the Alignment tab, and check the "Wrap text automatically" box. I'm using OpenOffice, but the Excel steps are about the same.

Edit: Additionally, Planting Moon has been added.

Edited by hackess

Select all by hitting Ctrl+A, then right click and select "Format Cells..." Select the Alignment tab, and check the "Wrap text automatically" box. I'm using OpenOffice, but the Excel steps are about the same.

Edit: Additionally, Planting Moon has been added.

How simple! Thank you again Hackess! :thumbsup:

Poenari helpfully pointed out that I'd missed adding Yorick as part of the April Fools' release. How quickly we forget those we knew! ;) He's now included.

Another massive THANK YOU!!! :wub2: to hackess for the update! I just got an order in (with Planting Moon) and spent a few moments of Utter OCD Happiness updating my database. You make it so easy!

Edited by mparker

Love the Hackess spread sheet! But I was looking for more of a database. Anybody running access or another type of database?

Stareena, I and a couple other people are using Bento which is a database.  It's Macintosh only though.  It's made by FileMaker which would be a much, much more powerful database, but also much, much more expensive.  Bento is new, there is some stuff it can't do, but it's working well for me.  When I win the lottery I'll get FileMaker.

No offense to anyone using the spreadsheets, but I find them too limiting and I wanted a more relational type of thing, so a database works best for me.  

Do you already have the software?  If you have any questions about how I set mine up, just ask.  Obviously the technical details will be different, but I'd guess the gestalt is the same.

Now including Strawberry Moon update, Warrior Queens, new forum-only, and something else I'm forgetting. :)

Updated! Includes all the DD prototypes and Summer Blockbusters, plus today's Smoky Moon update.

This is a truly wonderful thing! It will help greatly with my new obsession - I have not even rec'd my first imps yet & am already plotting what to order next! :eek:

Thanks for sharing!

Laura

I have my own spreadsheet, and my favorite thing in the world is to add new scents to it every month. :blush:

I color-code my scents: Blue if I have tried it and like it, pink if I want to try it, brown if I tried it and disliked it. Also, I denote which is an LE by putting "Limited Edition" in red when "GC" is in black, with the exception of the GC scents that are not available in imp form, which are in green.

Nerd alert!

Hi all, I'm going to try very hard to get the updates posted this weekend, now that the C15 and various new CBLDF scents have been announced.

Updates posted. Included Sunbird and Vampire Tarot's initial release, The Fool, but have not yet added any of the WKAP scents. I'll wait for an official scent list for those.

Updates posted. Included Sunbird and Vampire Tarot's initial release, The Fool, but have not yet added any of the WKAP scents. I'll wait for an official scent list for those.

Yay! and thanks!

Yay! and thanks!

You're welcome! Also, icon love! Lafayette is full of win.

I just wanted to show people the bento database I created for my bpal - based upon the excel file hackess created (thank you so much)

Screenshot

Edited by Glompbot

I just wanted to show people the bento database I created for my bpal - based upon the excel file hackess created (thank you so much)

Screenshot

That's really neat!

That's really neat!

Thanks :) I use a tiny tiny 13" Screen so working in an excel spreadsheet was a bit harder for me, the database makes it much easier for me. My main concern is how to update it from your spreadsheet!

Dammit, I wish I weren't working so hard on the book right now. I REALLY want to set up an open DB for people to track their BPAL "in the cloud," so to speak. I even have a domain (Perfoom.com). I'm still trying to figure out how to do it.