Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

So delicious,  had to get for the leaves alone and I have no regrets. I actually smelled the buttermilk at the beginning, tangy and fresh. The leather isn't overpowering and leaves/leather/cardamom are so perfectly balanced here. As it dries it is a spicy warm delight. I love wolf milk!

This started out as a nice, warm scent with a lot of dead leaves, but a little sweet and spicy too, and I was enjoying it.  But slowly over time, after an hour or so, an aftershave-like note or notes started creeping out, and got stronger and stronger until it was just too much and unfortunately a little obnoxious on me.  I don't know if it's my skin or nose or what, but in this case I will blame the oakmoss, I know it has turned on me before.  I had only tried on a small amount but the aftershave feeling really amped up and this one just isn't for me.  

It seems in the past, when this happened to me with a couple other scents, they were pretty popular with other reviewers so I think this one will find its fans too!

I haven't tried all of this year's dead leaves scents yet, but so far this is my favorite dead leaves scent! :D

This has the perfect dry crunchy leaf, exactly as advertised, gorgeously rounded out with a hint of leather, cardamom, and just the right amount of molasses sweetness. As with Witch Milk, I don't get much of the milk in this one at all.

The woodmoss and bergamot were the two notes that gave me pause when I first read the description, and as this dries town I get a sense of them plotting a coup in the wings, but they seem to be content on the periphery for now.

I wore this last night and it was such a strange experience.  I don't like bpal's green dead leaves note that smells like sharp green pepper, and that's all I smell for the first hour.  Then it starts to smell sharp green on a base of musky men's fragrance.. and butter.  Buttered lettuce mixed with musky, clean, darkly tinged, men's cologne.  I love buttery scents, but this one doesn't mesh well or make sense to me.

On the other hand, does it smell like a man turned werewolf, running through green grass, and also, for some reason, buttermilk?  Yes. 

An absolute banger of a scent.  Manly, sweet, warm, leafy, and kissed by cologne. But the waft, the waft!! On me, to my nose, I get buffalo wing sauce and cheese.  Spicy buffalo wing sauce and cheese. Like, wtf nose?!? WHY?!

I love this but I smell buffalo wing sauce and cheese lurking under all the beautiful leaves and cologne for HOURS 😭

I normally can't wear the "dead leaves" anything from bpal, as they are so strong and headache inducing with my skin chemistry. I try them on occasion, usually when there's leather (a fav) involved, just in case, hence my trying this one.

leaves first (no surprise there), and they hang around, but surprisingly they aren't as strong as normal. I do get some leather for a little bit, but it's short-lived and not that strong (hard to place what kind it is - maybe brown- but it was nice and not sour). The bergamot (earl gray) is lovely! Especially hours later, I get bergamot with some leaves.

All I did was put a testable bit from my decant on my wrist, and I've been able to smell it the scent for hours. I know it goes on stronger as leaves, but this Earl Gray is so perfect I'm going to do a full try on another day. I'll update this when I do.