Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Condensed milk wrapped in coconut shavings and tea-stained linen with a hint of bitumen, myrrh, and embalming resins.

The tea-stained linen is stronger than I thought that it would be and it does have a soapy, damp laundry scent to the linen.  I don't smell any of the resins and this is overall a brighter, cleaner scent than I was expecting.  Clean laundry and sugared sweet milk.  It gives off a very white impression and has a note to it that reminds me of gardenia after a while, with the creamy floral impression replacing the gourmand parts.  Fades quickly on my skin and the sweet milk doesn't stick around as long as I wish it would.  Similar-ish to scents like White Rabbit (minus the spices) and also reminds me of Dirty (with sweet milk in the opening).

Googling this scent is a whole journey, so I'm glad you found your way here, lol.

The condensed milk here smells a little caramelized, like the very beginnings of dulce de leche. The linen and tea almost evoke a lotus note for me, and the coconut is probably contributing to that, too. A little toasty, lotus-sweet and floaty, with a bit of the more grounded myrrh sweetnesd rounding it out. I don't get any of the acrid or bitter note I expected from bitumen, but it wouldn't be unwelcome if it appears, as this is a very sweet cloud at present.

As it wears the other resins start to come through and add complexity that's very enjoyable. Sweeter than I expected, even with the "condensed" milk, but I am enjoying how it's getting more layered as it wears.

I don't get any laundry notes or "clean/fresh" vibes, but the linen and tea does read sort of floral for me (lotus, specifically), though I personally definitely wouldn't call this a floral scent. Sugared milky resinous with the rest supporting.

Edited by elissamay

Hehe! I love it!

I wasn't sure what I was getting into. The listed notes seemed to feature some extremes. I wasn't sure how condensed milk and bitumen would fit together. I'd sought out Mummy Milk for the mummy parts, I love those dusty old BPALs and museum smells. I'm kind of whatever about coconut and realistic gourmands, but crazy for resins. 

She smelled like buttery and milk candy in the bottle.

Upon application it smells like toasted rice, coconut, sticky rice, sweet but not overwhelming sweet. I find the smell of cooking rice very pleasant. Overall a comforting, warm, cute smell after application.

My partner said I smelled like luxury popcorn. Not too coconut-y, no sunscreen type smells thankfully! Also not super sweet, I wasn't sure is the condensed milk note would be next level over the top, but it's just right.

I do perceive some cotton/linen type smells but overall the listed notes are well blended into a happy cloud. It reminds me of some of the Lilith or Shunga releases, but mainly because of mood. As it dries I think it starts to smell more elegant.

Wild grains and rustic incense, something roasting over a fire until it pops and frills, and carried over the fields on the dry wind of a warm September daydream.

This starts out very sweet and gourmand with the condensed milk and coconut. I thought it would stay this way but as it settles I can smell the linen and resin notes, the gourmand notes tend to fade a bit. It turns into a sweet,  milky linen scent mixed with the embalming resins. I can see the comparison made to White Rabbit - this is kind of like a sweeter, coconut version with resins. I have been wearing this one quite alot it is quite soft and sweetly clean smelling. 

Edited by becca_s

Finally got my hands on a bit of this to test. The wet scent is way too sweet for me and at first I think I'm safe, but then the drydown is so incredibly tempting. A familiar, comforting smell, almost a person smell. Funny considering this one is the mummy! I really like this one, I think it's worth wading/waiting through the condensed milk.

I usually love the lab's condensed milk scents and was ecstatic when the Monster Milks dropped! 𓂀 With Mummy Milk I envisioned myself smelling like creepy, tattered old linens crusted over with embalming resins and then somehow rehydrated in condensed milk? Perhaps not the most appealing imagery to yearn for in the first place, but hey a girl can dream. Unfortunately I'm getting a very savory, greasy smell I can't get past when I smell this both in bottle and on the skin. Not so pleased to meet you, BITUMEN. Something akin to a cheap french fry lost under the passenger seat... mingling with whatever lurks down there. The coconut is contributing to the strange oiliness of this composition, it is not a fruity or a summertime coconut, but a greasy wax that hardens in the cold. Intermittently I catch a wave of a linen accord and ancient resins, but I can't quite shake that funky fry note from my nostrils. I'll be sticking with ol' Witchfinder Sergeant Shadwell for my 'old ass mildewed coat splashed with sweet milk' fix. Throw medium, longevity 7+ hrs

This is more atmospheric than I expected! The tea-stained linen is very prominent. It's not a laundry smell, but like cloth bandages drenched in milky tea. The myrrh is more like a light cloud of incense. The embalming resins add a creepy aura to the whole thing. There is a sweetness, but it doesn't read as coconut so it must be from the condensed milk. I also get an oily note, but it's more like a funeral oil than a french fry to me most of the time.

This isn't really what I expected, but it's nice. I am perpetually hoping for more coconut, but this isn't really coconutty at all. It smells clean, but different from your usual clean laundry perfume.