Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Imported California Peach

A beautiful juicy west coach peach in the bottle, it's definitely still peach on the skin, but with SO much more going on. The nominal description is: "Bonita peaches, matilija poppy, citrus rind, hummingbird sage, chaparral currant, and California lilac." I am definitely getting the sage and lilac on the skin, and a bit of the citrus too. A perfect scent for an evening at Dragoncon!

This is 100% a California peach as backdrop. This is stunningly the scent of eating a peach while out hiking in the California chaparral!

Sage, citrus rind, and poppy dance over the peach backdrop in this on my skin. In the background, there is the hint of lilac on the dry breeze. There's something very dry about this scent, that is reminiscent of that California chaparral.

I'm not getting much currant, but I suspect it's helping round out the fruitiness of the peach and citrus. I love this and am very excited to have some!

I feel like the California scents are seriously evocative.  This is a firm flesh peach eaten while on the PCT somewhere up in Kennedy Meadows after you've trekked through twiggy shrubs, chest high wildflowers and succulents, and stopped in a broad meadow for a snack.

Wet: Non-syrupy peach, sage, smoke/musk, and a tiny citrus.  

Semidry: There's something medicinal--astringent even--creeping out.  Is that lilac? I think it's lilac.  That's where the Last Unicorn scents went awry on me.  It's very loud whatever it is.  I don't like this phase. 

Dry: Light peach and much sage.

I like that this isn't a sweet peach.  It'll be a good late summer in to fall smell.

I don't care for this scent on my skin, where it turns to a sour, unripe peach and the sage and citrus take on a sweaty, body odor quality, but I like the scent in the bottle and I've used it in my oil warmer and it's a great room scent.  It's a very exotic fruity-floral that makes me think of hiking through a desert and getting spiky plant, fruit, and floral scents stuck to my clothes and hands as I wade through them.  It has a sappy, sweet, aromatic sage with evergreen tones to it and I love this sage note (before it touches my skin and gets ruined, anyhow).  There's a delicate, papery floral from the poppy and a honeyed sweetness and cool breeziness from the lilac.  The peach adds a little juiciness and the citrus reminds me of that quintessential LUSH shop smell.  It's magical as a home fragrance and I wish that it performed that way on my skin, but I'll enjoy it in an oil warmer.

I adore this scent, I'm very glad I picked it up.

all I smell is unripe peaches, slightly sour. I had an ornamental peach tree in my backyard since I was little, and the peaches it bore were never sweet, always unripe and sour. that's exactly what this is. it's very refreshing and something different. I can't pinpoint any of the herbs specifically, but it's all just unripe peaches. so lovely

this is one of those wild, dynamic scent journeys Beth has a special magic for (the way Coyote really does smell like running through grass before drying down into a warm fur/musk/mammal skin scent; or Hare Moon from 21, falling down a rabbit hole— dirt, grass, mineralic rock, before arriving at a nutmeggy perfume). there’s a shift, a whole bunch of movement before it arrives at a static scent (hooooooow? how does she do that? magic.)

this one- in the bottle: PEACH!!! wet: peach, but…something’s….wrong (which, given the story behind the scent, is perfect). dry: walking through the California chaparral at dusk. sage, herbs, desert-y. not peach.

flipping extraordinary. it smells miraculously like the story behind the scent.

gifted this one to my sis, who is passionate about climate chaos.