Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Hay Absolute, Cacao, & Cardamom

I tested this once two days after it arrived, and then again two weeks later.

Both times, the cardamom and cacao are most prominent during the wet phase, with the cardamom mostly disappearing once the scent is dry. Then the warm, slightly powdery hay note becomes the main player, backed by the cacao. The cacao is not sludge-y (at least, not in my bottle) and did last longer on my skin after two weeks of settling. I still wish I were getting more of it, though.

I think this is nice, but I'm not wowed by it. I really wanted MOAR cacao, and for the cardamom to last longer (although I know it tends to be fleeting). I'm going to try layering this with lavender to see how this goes as a sleep scent. That test will determine whether or not this will stay in my collection.

Oh my gosh yall, in the bottle this is a gorgeous cacao cardamom, dark, deep, almost syrupy, with the hay absolute giving it a bit of an Autumn vibe. It dries down soft and spicy sweet, less syrupy. Absolutely gorgeous! I'd say the cardamom is the prominent in the beginning. The scent becomes drier as it goes. 

This is a great Autumn gourmand more on the spicy side, with no cake, sugar, milk, or bready notesI do agree with doomsday_disco and wish the cacao stuck around longer but overall this is nice! Might layer with maor cacao.

This reminds me of Vanilla Husk, Nutmeg and Hay Absolute, but make it autumnal with cacao and cardamom. I'm happy with the amount of cacao, I think more cacao could overwhelm the hay and make it too gourmand for me. A very cozy and comforting scent.

Dry, spicy Mexican hot chocolate without any sugar or milk notes to hide the glorious cacao/cardamom - if Mexican hot chocolate were incense, it'd smell like this. I get almost no hay, though it may be softening the background. If you want to smell like fall without the pumpkin spice, get this blend.

ETA: the cardamom, while glorious, is short-lived on my skin. The far drydown has a sweet, incense-y dried hay vibe, with the earthy cacao grounding the blend throughout the day.

Edited by bheansidhe

The cardamom starts out strong laying atop of the cacao. Overtime the cacao sweetens up and gets dustier while the cardamom lingers around quietly. No sign of the hay absolute.

gotta echo Vexelite, this is a sibling to the Vanilla Husk/Nutmeg/Hay trio. in that one I did not get much of the nutmeg, but here I get a pleasant dusting of the cardamom, along with a dusting of cacao (less prominent than the vanilla was in the predecessor). I definitely get a sturdy base of the hay note. a very cozy scent with great wear time.