Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Morello Cherry, Ginger Root, and Black Musk

This features a bold red cherry note and ginger as the dominant notes throughout most of the wear, although the black musk joins in and becomes more noticeable by the end of the day, and it anchors the cherry so that it's not able to disappear. The ginger in this is not the one that is my nemesis (red ginger, which goes medicinal on me), but I could still see some people saying that this has cough syrup or lozenge vibes from the cherry (although it did not veer into that territory on me). 

I don't think I need a bottle of this one because I'd prefer the cherry without the other notes, but I'll hang onto my decant and retest it before it goes away to be sure. That said, if this cherry were offered on its own as a single note, or with some notes that might be more appealing to me (imagine this cherry with the sugar and clove from the ylang ylang trio? :thud: ), I'd need it in my life.

I love this! It does start out with a cough syrup note as a top note, be warned. Once it’s dried down though, it’s a gorgeous sweet black musk balanced by the ginger which by the way, I don’t really detect. Almost like a brighter and cleaner Moon When the Cherries …! It’s not got the same base, of course, but it’s kind of scratching that itch. 

Seconding that this is a brighter Moon When the Cherries Turn Black. In the wet stage of this perfume, the ginger reads almost like peppery lime on me before it fades away. The ginger is still there, sweetening up the cherry, but not nearly as prominent as it was in the wet stage. The black musk is inky and dark, but it doesn't overwhelm the trio. I do really like the cherry note and I wish it stayed at the forefront for longer.

Very nice, but not different enough from Moon When the Cherries Turn Black for me to seek out a bottle. Would be worth checking out if you missed that one.

Almost a ginger single note on me. Despite cherry dominating the scent out the imp, it ends up giving the ginger a slightly fruity, ginger ale quality. I cannot pick out the black musk, but the scent overall is earthy and subdued. I also would not consider this a ginger ale/beer scent, it's too root like and earthy for that, and does not quiet have that carbonated note to it. Overall, a ginger root single note that is fruity and bright, with plenty of earthiness to keep it from being foodie.

This does start out strong with a sweet cherry note. After a few minutes wear time I can smell the ginger and black musk. To me the black musk adds a fizzy or effervescent quality and I find that this smells like a cherry Soda or cordial with some fresh ginger mixed in. I find it a sweet scent but the ginger definitely does add a freshness and zing.

Ginger and red cherries! I don't really get black musk, but I think that must be keeping the cherries from going too cough-syrup - someone said cherry soda or cherry cordial, above, and that sounds right! The ginger gives it a little spice, nice and bright, not too dark. This is fun!