Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Divine gold: yellow champa, white tea, lightning-struck amber, sparkling honey, frankincense, pearlescent orris, and skin musk.

This starts out with the crisp white tea which is slightly citrusy with the yellow champa adding a fresh floral note. Champa is one of my favorite smells in real life and here I think it's quite realistic of the tropical flower and doesn't turn screechy or high pitched. The frankincense is also there in the background, adding to the brightness of the scent. The honey is light and airy, I don't think I've tried the sparkling honey note before and it's different to other honeys I've tried from the lab. The skin musk and honey add a really nice softness to the scent to round out the edges and add a touch of sweetness. I don't really get much amber or orris until the last stages of the scent. I wore this for about 6 hours and I could smell it the whole time but by around 4 hours the tea, floral notes and honey had mostly worn off and I was left with a more resinous base of frankincense and amber. 

I find this quite a bright, sunny scent. To me the star is the crisp white tea combined with the bright floral note of the yellow champa. The honey and skin musk are really nice additions that sweeten the scent and make it kind of blend into your skin. 

A white tea scent with a lot going on under the surface. The white tea comes out by far the most on me. I also get the citrus of the yellow champa. I can barely pick out the orris. And a lot of the other notes are clearly there, just below the surface, blending together to form an overall slightly resin-y, earthy green, not quiet floral scent.

Well this is pretty gold, and pretty divine.

Overall I get mostly the champa thankfully, nothing too heavy or cloying in this blend at all.

In the opening and wet on the skin, I do very much get tea. It's not too astringent. It's pretty and reminds me of some of the other tea favorites from the Lab like Theodosius, in the way that those blends have tea as well as a lot of intrigue going on. 

I forgot honey was in this and I'm not getting much at all.

The frank is light here, thank goodness. It's not deep, dark, and syrupy, it's lighter like benzoin, it is just a touch of an anchor for the top notes, like a glue holding the scent together. Lightning-struck made me think this would be ozonic or aquatic, but it isn't.

The orris isn't lipsticky, either. The light amber, skin musk, and orris blend with the champa to create this soft, ethereal vibe, like a warm angelic hug.

La Pluie ultimately dries down to a soft champa, skin musk, and amber with a smol bit of orris dust.

So this is a win. Soft, pretty, ethereal, and no fussy notes at all. :wub2:

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

She's fancy! Soft focus golden florals with a drop of tea. Frankincense and honey holding up mirrors to all of it, light bouncing everywhere. I was curious about lightning struck amber and I am kindof getting a dash of ozone? It does indeed seem otherworldly. 

i wasn’t sure about this scent because of white tea and the “lightning-struck amber”, however when these were coming down the yellow champa called to me so I jumped on a bottle. Glad i did because neither of those notes make this too astringent or soapy.

In the bottle it seems like the champa and white tea are fighting for dominance, with the result being that this DOES seem like it might be astringent or soapy. freshly applied though they both settle, with the white tea only slightly in the lead. overall this is pretty well blended. i’m not getting any strong honey and if there is frankincense it’s not the strong, syrupy, almost piney variety but def more subtle. 

in the drydown this does start to become very golden and powdery. but the tea keeps it somewhat bright and almost watery in a way. rains of good indeed

After it has aged for more than 10 months, Leon blooms on my skin into soapy incense-like champa. The white tea and other notes are MIA. At least the champa flower has settled and no longer screams in the bottle.