Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  

My partner wanted me to grab a sample of this, I had expected this to be rather smoky and therefore not my thing. However the smoke is the smooth, sweetish kind I have found often labelled as 'hearthsmoke'. It's very subtle as I get more wood and fur. The mahogany is smooth and stately, and the fur is reminiscent of Bear Prince. A really cozy, atmospheric scent. It reminds me a Last Tavern at the Town Gate, though more in overall feel than specific notes. 

On me, the main note is ash. It's a sweet, smoky ash, more like burnt-down incense than firewood or tobacco ash. Unfortunately, after a few minutes, the fur note comes out -- but it's one that my skin turns from warm fur to warm sweat. So it's sweet incense ash and sweaty arm pits. Not what I was looking for!

It's a skin scent, without a lot of throw.

One of those masculine leaning scents that immediately makes me think of a dark, stuffy office full of dark, polished wood, hints of cigars and whiskey melded into everything, and a fireplace full of wood ashes and the memory of smoke.  Something here also turns creamy, sweet, and lemony on me, and is especially strong in the drydown, and it totally reminds me of Lemon Pledge.  The fur is warm and adds to the stuffy impression, like heavy, dusty drapes and a wool tweed jacket.

I only just got this today and gave it a dab straight out of the box.  That was a few hours ago now. First huff reminded me of the burnt gravelly note in Brimstone which I admit I  haven't had a wiff of for at least 15 years and I was none to fond of then. Then a few minutes later I could smell a lemony breeze wafting over the ashes which was a little more pleasant. Then after a mad run around in unseasonably warm weather it has completely morphed into a wonderful vanillary candle warmth that I love. None of the ash, that all got swept up before the candle was lit for the evening. Now the pets are settled in for a cozy nap by the fire too. Slightly smoky vanilla with a touch of warm fur. Lovely and all I hoped for.

This bounces between the wood and cinders on me. The smoke is slightly sweet. Together the two remind me of some church blends. I get a little bit of a musky fur, but not much. Its a very warm cozy scent appropriate for the painting and will probably be a great fit for the cooler months.

Editing to add: no lemon here, which is a very good thing for me.

Edited by deadlyves

A dusting of fireplace ash on warm puppy and kitten fur, taking a break by the glowing amber-sweet wood embers before the next romp. Sweet, a little smoky, a little fuzzy, and grounded with smooth wood. Very enjoyable and evocative; a great fall or winter mood.