Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Portrait of Magdaleine Pinceloup de la Grange née de Parseval

An aristocratic 18th century French perfume dabbed on lilac velvet, gently purring with soft grey amber and feline musk, and tinkling with tiny golden bells. Grasse jasmine and rose otto nestled in ambergris accord, frankincense, white sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, cardamom, amber, coriander, and galbanum.

Portrait of Magdaleine Pinceloup de la Grange née de Parseval is the perfumed approximation of your favorite TikTok cat; a whirlwind of musky fur, murky herbs, and backyard grassy litterbox bedevilment scratching at your tattered window screen to the frantically building beat of Darude's Sandstorm. This review will not hold up with time, and it won't make sense a year from now, and I don't even care because I know in my heart this is true. This is a scent, that, like the silliest memes, makes me giggle and makes me want to share it with someone and make them giggle too.  

Edited by ghoulnextdoor

Really those first few notes sum this one up for me - French lilac perfume. Very aromatic, this one floats high above the skin, very floral. More blue than rose. I didn't get much of the warmth here - no spices. Ambergris, maybe. But tinkling bells, I can totally see. A light but distinct announcement when entering a room. Delicate but forthright. This is very close to my kind of lilac, but I like it a little more damp & fresh, more greenery and less precious.

This is a swirl of heady florals and incense on me. Jasmine and I think lilac, floating over a medley of rich incense. I get a touch of cardamom as it dries. Floofy, antique glamour. 

A very clean jasmine that has an herbal/weedy tone to it from the galbanum.  The jasmine threatens to turn soapy, but never quite makes it.  The rose isn't very sweet or fresh smelling.  It's more of a bitter, dark rose that makes me think of rosewood (the rose, sandalwood, and galbanum combo) and cough syrup.  As it dries down, it's musky and powdery over the jasmine and rose, in a very sharp way.  Sometimes I get a little sweetness from the lilac, but it fades in and out, and the scent is kind of too mature for my tastes.  I like floral blends that are sweet, creamy, or gourmand, or that smell like actual, fresh flowers, and this is more of the perfumey, fake, musky-soapy flower side of the house.

i get a lot of lilac at first with musk and amber.  there's a hint of jasmine shortly after dabbing it on. moments later i get herbal notes. after awhile it becomes a musky lilac with resins, amber and rose. the lilac and musk continue to be the most prominent notes on me, after an hour. the rose is quite subtle on my skin, but later jasmine takes over and it gets really beautiful at this point. it definitely has a vintage vibe, which i can appreciate. 

Edited by theseagrows

Ton of breathy lilac, mostly upon opening then mellows. There are some vintage glamourous things underneath. A note that goes sharp on me if I sniff close. It's nice bit there are other lilacs I love more. It does have a genteel lady's vibe.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak