Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Methods of Relaxation and Leisure

not sure how i feel about this yet - didn’t rest it but couldn’t resist trying. sweet, almost butterscotchy in the bottle (must be the honeycomb) and i smell the bergamot too. interesting blend on the skin, not much incense or smoke. i think i’m getting a lot of the frankincense (woodiness?) and honeycomb and bergamot,

so i’m hoping for the incense, lotus, and green tea as it settles 

will update but wanted to get something in here

edit - into wearing it.. some smoke ! yay  

Edited by picturesofmeghan

Honeycomb, with a side of tea, surrounded by sweet incense. On me the incense/frankincense and honeycomb battle to be the strongest note. The tea is there, but distant. I get just a hint of lotus root, which adds to the green, earthy, plant nature of the tea, and the bergamot, serving as a slight citrus edge to the honeycomb's foodie sweetness. Overall, an incense scent sweetened by a noticeable amount of honeycomb.

dry lemony green tea incense with a smidge of frankincense with no sweetness in sight. smells like a clean type of dry incense.

Methods has the same issue for me that Neglected Calligraphy does, which is that the citrus (lemony bergamot) and green tea overpowers the other notes on my skin and I don't really care for the perfumey, sour, dry tea note.  I get a sugary, realistic honey for the first few minutes and then it's gone, and I don't really ever smell the incense notes.  A lot of the Shunga blends this year have come off really flat and single note-ish on my skin where I was hoping for more complexity.

I get mostly honeycomb and green tea in the imp, thick rich honey with a touch of wax. On my skin the tea fades a bit and I get a good hit of bergamot and incense mixed with the honey. Not sure if I am getting the lotus root. A really beautiful scent, languid thick honey and incense with a bit of pep from the bergamot. 

I think I need to re try this again. Is my skin that dry and fussy?

I get a wildly over the top artificial honey on application and overall high pitched sweetness, very sweet skin musk overall, nothing else.