• Members
  • 1,417 posts
  • Mood:Happy.
  • SotD:Pink Moon
  • Rat
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:47 AM

A new years blessing! Peony, Chinas national flower, with bamboo for flexibility, plum blossom for perseverance, courage, and hope, tangerine for wealth, red sandalwood and blue lotus for purity, orange for happiness, lychee for household peace, pine resin for constancy, golden kumquat for prosperity, red mandarin for good fortune, peach blossom for longevity, a touch of patchouli to bring it all down to earth, with a splash of blazing red of dragons blood to help you scare away the rampaging Nian.

I'm first? Oh gad. Well bare in mind Ive got botox wearing off, so I hope I do this justice with my head screwed on backwards.

I got Earth Dog from Ebay, and I love it. It's a morpher from start to finish! It starts out floral, and fruity, bright, and firey... Then it settles down to a lovely cool incensey scent a few hours later, 3 or 4.

It hasn't had a lot of time to settle, and it's so well blended pick out individual notes is hard, but it's lovely.

On Nate it's a lovely fruity but earthy scent, masculine enough for him to wear. Gender neutral. I'm glad I have a bottle!

#2 zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 13,359 posts
  • Mood:BPAL Beast Mode
  • SotD:Permanently TALed UP
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 AM

Earth Dog smells very differently from the previous lunar incarnations. I definitely got lychee, peach blossom, mandarin, and bamboo on wet. There was something almost bitter citrus zesty about this on wet. As it dries, I got more of the sandalwood, peony, and blue lotus. The drydown is much warmer (because of the sandalwood) and warm florals than fruits. Overall, I enjoy this much more and I have to say may be one of my favorite Lunar Year blends, behind Fire Pig (which I adore for utterly sentimental reasons as it is the birth year for both my father and husband). Medium throw and wear length.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users